Sunday, October 4, 2009

The search

When I was little I remember going to a pumpkin patch with my family. I don't remember how old I was but I remember it was amazing. So when I heard our ward was organizing a pumpkin patch trip for the kiddo's I was so excited!

I packed both boys and headed to Roloff farms. As we drove in, I saw a HUGE sea of orange dots in a field with kids running around. Can I just say that I love autumn time? I think it is my favorite time of the year.
The minute Levi saw the field full of pumpkins he took off!

I told him to pick a pumpkin, he of course, wanted the huge ones that weighed more than he did, but soon found out they were quite heavy.
Then he tried other methods of picking the perfect pumpkin. A bit unorthodox but whatever works.
Ohhhhh, I think he's spotted it!
Perfect!!
Climbing up a mountain of hay bales. He had to go up and down (and around) it several times.
Max was AMAZING! He must have thought seeing his brother freak out and run around like a crazy man was pretty entertaining.
The hay maze. 25 minutes of pure joy.
This is a huge chair. I don't know why they have a huge chair there but they do. When we came by it later and other kids were on it, he ran up to it, stuck his hand out and said "Mine, mine, no fair, no fair!" It was pretty funny, yet emberassing at the same time.

We will be coming back next year for sure!

5 comments:

Sara Newton said...

I can't believe you went to Roloff farms!! I have been wanting to go there for a few years...but alas haven't lived near it. Did you know the Roloffs have their own reality TV show on TLC? It's called Little People, Big World. Anyway, I'm jealous you got to go. They have some really cool setups at the pumpkin patch.

Eva said...

Very cool! That picture of max is stunning - what a cute kid. =)

Alicia Vial Beesley said...

such cutie's you have love there eyes. I see there gma Denese and gr gma Claudia. In them...of course Jason and you also.What a fun day.....Paula not Leesha

Showmethesale said...

LOVE the pumpkin photos! Fall is just the BEST time of year--and your boys look absolutely darling. . .

jjcrew said...

Hey--we went to Roloff Farm for the first time this year. It was close and it's the only one open til 6pm on Friday! We went last Friday when the weather was beautiful. I was very pleased with it and the small crowd. I need to post my pictures....Enough of that...Levi is cute as always and Max is ADORABLE!! And I love that name. I've always wanted a Max but Jared always gives me a look of disgust and says "Max Hough?" He's right. It just doesn't work but that's HIS fault for his blasted one syllable not so perky last name!