Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Big Five

Friday was our five year anniversary. I can't even believe it has been five whole years. I know to some it doesn't sound like that long and probably in the future when I read this I will think of myself as a 'young wippersnapper' but five whole years is a long time to me.

We got a sitter for all day Friday and got my mom and brother to take the boys for the night and Saturday. It was heavenly not to have to worry about kids for a whole 36 hours. Loved it. We got to go to Ikea, have lunch, go shoe shopping and just have fun enjoying each other's company. It was great to be able to shop together and help each other pick out shoes. Jason's not so bad to take shopping, I'll have to remember that.

For our big day we went to Lake Merwin where my dad and step-mom have a place. We got to go kayaking, have a little picnic and reminisce. I brought the scrapbooks I made of our first couple years of marriage and Levi's first year and we talked about some of our favorite memories. Corny but I loved every minute of it. I often forget about the little things that made me smile. Turns out, they still do.

I'm so glad I got married to the man I did. I can't imagine my life with anyone but him. Here's to another great five years!

3 comments:

Carly said...

Wow... didn't you just post about your four year anniversary?? (I'm being serious). THis year went fast!!

Hooray for five happy years!! I love that you got a little getaway for your anniversary :).

Rachel said...

Congrats! Tylor and I have our five year on Friday...didn't realize that we got married to close to each other! We should get together sometime!

Kristy Lynne said...

That's lovely! Happy anniversary!