Sunday, June 19, 2016

Utah Trip, Old Friends and Finally Home

We had so much fun during our Utah trip and it was so nice having a condo with everything in it. All the boys got their own place to sleep, a kitchen to cook, a place to swim.

Davis has a thing with yogurts and likes to eat some of them and then leave them places. Real classy kid.
The king of the remote! Or that's what we let him think.
We spent a good long afternoon and evening hanging out with Jackie and Tayler (I really should have gotten a picture of all four of us together). We love those two and they would be one of the top reasons I would want to live in Utah. Seriously. We've never found a couple that we both totally clicked with. Seriously when we were going to BYU we would talk until late into the night (or early morning) and not even realize how late it was. It was the same this time around and it made me really think that 1.) they have to come up to Oregon for a visit and 2.) next time we go to Utah we need to spend the night at their house so we can just hang out longer. 3.) we NEED to go on a cruise with them, it would be so much fun!

Oh and I took this picture because I love the frame and I wanted a picture so Jason could make me one. You can just slide the pictures in. Genius.
The boys had a lot of fun. Davis and Sawyer are around the same age and had fun.
We put on a movie or two so we adults could catch up. Why don't we live closer!
Finally, we left around midnight. The boys were such good sports for letting us stay so long.
Then the next day we hung out with our other favorite couple driving back through Idaho.
They recommended a great place for fireworks so we headed out with them and some of their friends. It was a blast and the boys loved it. Davis kept sneeking into the Oreos and making messes. So pretty much like it is at home.
Levi just wanted to lounge around reading his book. Naturally.
Old friends. Sterling's totally posing. Doesn't he look great?
Then Davis wanted to drive. I let Jason talk with Sterling (they've been friends since the old days and that is how I met Amanda, who I love and this is amazing).
Me trying to distract him with glow sticks.
Almost time for the fireworks!
It was probably the biggest show I've seen this close.
I wish the picture of Jason and Davis weren't so fuzzy, this is the best one I could find. They looked so cute together.
Stompin' all over me.
And Davis was out before it was even over. It was a very long day.
We stopped in Idaho for the 4th and then stayed a a motel and this kid. Oh this kid. He got up at like 5:30 in the morning and since the room was tiny I ended up taking him out to the car (to get milk for his bottle) and then just tried to keep him entertained for an hour and a half so dad, the driver, could get some sleep.

I tried fruit loops.
I  let him play in the van where he got into my lip gloss and put it on.
Eventually everyone woke up, ate, packed and we headed back home for the final stretch.
He was in a Pete the Cat phase.
And Max was in a doggie phase. I don't remember what he named him.....
Part of the collage I made up on the drive home. Max was so so happy to visit Studio C. Levi too but especially Max.
We came home and it was back to real life. I still had tons of work to do getting all the downstairs cleaned out. There was serioulsy so much stuff sort though. I was working on getting Grams room cleaned out and decided to find homes for all her medical equipment and ended up giving things away free to people who needed them. It's so much harder to try and sell and I think Gram would have been happy knowing it was all going to a good home.

We hadn't really gone into grams room much and had been focusing on the living room but then tackled her room. I went slowly because it was hard to do and be the one making all the decisions about everything. I was getting started once and then Davis grabbed the picture that he usually took down and kept trying to hang it up but this was after the walls we cleared off. I almost lost it so I quit for the day. Oye, change is hard.
Having an otter pop. Because otter pops.
And this is how this wild child eats dinner.
I go to the bathroom for 2 minutes...Kids are disgusting.

No comments: