Sunday, January 11, 2009

Crabby Dreams

So this year for Christmas Jason got the first three seasons of The Deadliest Catch from my older brother. For those of you who don't know what "The Deadliest Catch" is, I'll explain. Basically it documents the events aboard fishing boats in the Bearing Sea during the Alaskan king crab and Opilio crab fishing season. How interesting could a bunch of guys fishing for crab be? That's what I though. But Christmas afternoon we pulled them out and absolutely loved it. Watch several episodes in fact.

Since then my family have been watching it off and on. Last night, for all of you who follow, we just finished the King Crab's third season. It was a great, family bonding sort of thing.

Then I had it. I had the crabbing dream. Various members of my family have told me they've had some sort of crabbing related dream since we have started watching the show.

In my dream we were crabbing but in no way like they do on the show. We did it sort of like you do with fish, with a fishing pole, but with no hook. And you were trying to get them to attach themselves on the line and then you pull them up (which makes absolutely no sense). The crabs were a LOT smaller in my dream. Numbers were down and all had given up hope of catching any crab. All that is but me, I kept going and found the "sweet spot" with tons and tons of these tiny crabs and we were all finally able to meet our quota.

What a night. What a wierd, wierd night.



1 comment:

Megan said...

Dreams are so wierd when you're preggo.