Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dunked

Last week Jason's littlest brother, Willy, was baptized. So we went up for the weekend because, lets face it, it's always fun to get out of town and see family. Levi, who LOVES his uncles and would follow them off a cliff, was extatic to say the least.

We have talked to Levi about baptism so he knows what it is (at least he can recognize a picture of it). As we were entering the church building I told him, again, that uncle Willy was getting baptized to which he said "My get baptized too". Needless to say after I told him he had to wait, he flipped out yelling about how he wanted to be baptized.

Luckily he calmed down, sort of. During the program he did what he usually does at church, talk loudly, play on the floor, basically be a restless two and a half year old, but even more so since he got to sit with his uncles. When dad tried to sit in between, he didn't approve and told dad that wasn't his seat and he needed to go sit 'over there'. You tell him Levi.

He enjoyed the actual baptism and was quiet for the whole thing. Then came the other program (for the ward). I sang a solo and in typical Levi fashion whenever mom has to get up and talk or sing, he screamed how much he did not approve. He screamed through the whole song. I'm not kidding. It was quite painful to sing a solo through my screaming toddler only 25 feet from me, but I'm sure it will make for a funny story some day. Heck, it's even a little funny a week later.

It was fun to visit and I am so glad we live so close to a lot of our family. Congratulations Willy! We expect great things from you!

Typical Kendra. Bring a camera but don't take any pictures until we're about to leave. I got these though.
A kids riding tractor which Levi loves. I expect soon he'll want to put Max in the back and drive him around.
So happy!

2 comments:

Grami Tami said...

Oh, but you do live 12 hours away from some of us, or don't we count? LOL I so enjoy your updates on the family. Keep up the good work.

Kendra Goodrich said...

I didn't forget you guys! It was just late, I have now fixed it, so HA!