Sunday, September 12, 2010

My little Three Year Old.

If someone were to ask me who my best friends were, Levi would be on the top of the list. I sure love this kid, he's so much fun! And I can't believe he's three years old. In just a few month's he'll be in primary (tear).

For weeks we had been talking about his birthday and that he was going to be three years old. I asked him what he wanted at his party. His reply "hot dogs, hats, horns, and a car cake" so that's just what we had. In fact we had to make a quick stop to the store the night before because I had forgotten the hats and horns.

After a morning breakfast with waffles and a great day at church, Levi was pretty tired but kept saying "I can't sleep, it's my birthday!" So he didn't have a nap.
At some point I asked him about who was going to be at his birthday and he talked on and on about the mailman. He absolutely loves that man in the big white truck who comes to our house every day, even though he's only really seen him through our front window. I had to let him down and tell him the mail man probably wasn't going to show up. He had to settle for the rest of his family.

Since he wanted a car cake I thought I'd make him a real live 3D one. It took a while but it was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. I put it on the table in the morning of his b-day so he'd see the finished product and while I was away (at some meeting or something) guess who decided he wanted to stab the top with the candle??? Good thing Jason was able to patch up most of it before I came home.
It was a great day.

Levi, we sure love you and are so happy you were born in our family!!!

No comments: