Saturday, November 17, 2012

Halloween 2012

I'm not sure what to think of this Halloween, it came fast and was definitely not what I expected. We decorated the house with spiders and even got a couple of new decorations for the years to come and attended countless parties and gathering. But we didn't go to the pumpkin patch and get pumpkins which to me is a must during the holiday season. We had every intention of making it happen and planned on stopping and getting some while we were up in Washington but time ran out and we were out of room what with all them apples. Then it just sort of slipped up on us (well, me considering I'm the one who arranges all that) and it didn't happen, though we got some little ones which Levi carried to and from school in his backpack for a number of days. Ah well, I guess not going to a pumpkin patch doesn't ruin Halloween after all.......

Party #1 - Kids party at Morin Manor 
Always awesome, relaxed and full of crazy kids. I think this our 3rd year in a row.

Levi's school party which I was able to help with. Corrin was really the one who gathered the troops last minute (their teacher was just changed so things were slightly disorganized). We did a craft, played bingo, had snacks. I'm just happy I got to finally see Levi's new class and all his classmates. They still haven't organized parent volunteers for the classroom.
Later that night.....

Ward halloween party! Bingo and a trunk or treat, throw their favorite bishop in and it can't be beat.
The counselors were hilarious and both dressed up as the bishop.
Two extremely awesome people, Mrs. Corrin Keeler and Mrs. Tanya Hancock. I love working with them, we always have a great time together.
And who could forget Emily Thomas? I am always completely awestruck when I watch her teach the kids during music time. I want to be more like her.
Charles!
Levi was trying SO hard to get a bingo but he didn't quite get it. Ah well, a bucket full of candy cheered him right up.
Jensia.
One of my favorite kids in one of my favorite costume of the night, he's a tornado. I thought it was extremely clever and hilarious that is what he wanted to be.

Trick-or-Treating on Halloween Day 
We went to Nike where they were handing out bucket loads of candy all throughout Jason's building.
They were very shiny knights.
We then went to the trunk or treat at circle park with Bethany Ward where we got to see a ton of our friends that we don't usually get to see and even got wet and muddy. In Oregon. On Halloween, imagine that.

After all that, since it was so wet we ended up going out to dinner with my dad and step mom which was really fun, at least a lot funner than trick or treating in the rain. By the end of the night the boys were pooped but not so pooped to forget about all that candy. I, being the horrible mother I am, told them they could eat as much as they wanted that night but then the 'halloween fairy' would come and swap it for a toy which they really seemed fine with. I love those boys, they were so flexible with everything just enjoying the ride.
 

No comments: