Monday, November 12, 2012

Harvest 2012

 This year's harvest was a great success. I didn't bring my camera or take as many pictures as I usually do but I got some of the action.

 Max with two of his absolute favorite buddies. To the left is Anders, his 'son' he got from Krista on his birthday and has been carrying around ever since. On the right is Baby, his other son. It is actually a doll that my brother Gabe had, and called baby when he was little. I love that Max carries them around and considers them his kids. He's so sweet with them and loves to snuggle up with them. Also he refers to Levi as their uncle and I am their grandma. When asked about who their mother is it changes a lot, sometimes I'm the mom, sometimes Gram, he hasn't quite figured that one out yet.
Levi had to show off to the camera. 
 Huge apples. Yum.
 Levi and Philip did a lot more wrestling than picking.
 but Max was a champion apple picker, he picked basket after basket of them. Eventually he decided he'd hang out a while in the truck.

 Making cider. The day after we went to the country mercantile and they had free samples of their cider and I'll be honest, it was horrible, bitter and tasted watered down. This is the real stuff. I feel a little spoiled because after this I don't think I can go back to plain old cider.
 Our haul. 11 gallons of cider, lots of huge potatoes and onions and the rest of the truck filled with apples. Oh and the boys got some candy and toys from grandpa. A great trip. I have spent the past month using up all the apples making applesauce, apple pie filling, dried apples, and fruit leather. Delicious.

No comments: