Sunday, March 10, 2013

I Love Thursdays

For so many reasons. It's only noon and so far it has been great.

Thursdays are great for us because we don't have anywhere to be (usually) until we drop Levi off at the bus stop at 11:30. Also Thursday is very close to Friday, with is the awesomest day of them all.

There is no preschool for Max in the mornings (only on Monday and Wednesday). I taught this week and it always leaves me kind of drained and my house looking like a tornado has gone through it. But I got to clean it up last night and know it might stay a little clean, at least for a little bit. 

I love that today I got to sleep in a bit more than usual, I was exhausted beyond measure and am starting to get a cold. Jason fed the boys and they did Legos for a good hour and a half so I could sleep. Afterwards they then crawled into bed with me while I read some of our current book, #3 in the Boxcar Children series. Levi loves it. Follow that with laughing hysterically recounting the past antics of my brothers cats and taking turns telling rediculious kid jokes over and over and pretending to be moles in the bed. All and all it was a pretty silly morning. I love those guys.

Max has been working on getting dressed all by himself and he did it for the second day in a row, though both shirt and pants were backwards and he was wearing two pairs of underwear. He was quite angry when I made him take the old pair off.

Their bedroom was quite the mess as they had stripped their beds completely and thrown every single thing on the floor making it impossible to see anything but a sea of stuffed animals and blankets. But they picked it all up fast as they could without any problems (ok, one little one but they got over it without fuss).

We then had a lesson on how to fold towels, hand towels, and wash cloths. While it took a couple minutes to get them into it they ended up doing a great job for a 3 and 5 year old and were quite happy with what they accomplished.

I finally got around to doing a menu for the rest of the month along with a grocery list. I always feel better when I have meals planned and food bought. It just makes life a lot easier when you know what you're going to do come 4 o'clock and while it takes a lot of time to do it is worth it, at least for me.

Anyways, that's my Thursday, so far at least. Mmmm. Love em'. Oh, the sunshine helps too. Nothing beats that. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like living in California, Arizona or Texas with warm weather all around........I'm pretty sure I could handle it.

No comments: