Sunday, March 17, 2013

Lego Lovers

I remember our PL days (that's pre-lego days) and remember not wanting to get into them, probably in partial fear of the never ending foot pain from stepping all over them, picking up little pieces and trying to keep them corralled in our living room/play room.

Oh, but I am so glad we decided to do it. Lego's are the all time #1 favorite toy in this house and they could play for hours just using a big bucket of Legos. And unlike tv or video games I feel much better letting them do something that lets them use their imaginations and creativity while helping their little hands strengthen their fine motor skills.
They get quite creative and into building these elaborate structures and scenes, some of which they work on for weeks. And while they fight over certain favorite pieces (like that silly skateboard which caused a major scream fest yesterday) they usually get along fairly well and will play for hours on end. So, thank you Lego's, this mother sure loves you.
Oh, random fact. I have my own collection of Lego mini-figures. As we were getting looking into and buying Lego's for the boys I found I absolutely love them and think working for Lego would be one of the coolest jobs ever. To see the creativity they put into making these little Lego guys, which are essential the same but yet so different just astounds me. So I had to get some of my own. Which, in all fairness, I do allow the boys to use on special occasions if they promise to take care of and return them. 

No comments: