Saturday, November 9, 2013

It's Baby Time

So life is going pretty good. I get to see a lot of this little guy:



 He's pretty dang cute. We have been logging tons of hours in our big brown chair. He's been giving me plenty of sleep at night and goes right back to bed after he eats so it makes things a lot easier. Though I have been having bouts of insomnia keeping me up for much of that time. I was going crazy but started researching and asking around and realized I'm not the only one it's happened to. So I started changing my nightly routine, winding things down earlier, taking a warm shower (often with Mr. Davis who seems to enjoy it or be distracted by it), drinking some chamomile tea, turning off the TV, and taking a low low dose of melatonin. Since changing those habits I've been able to get a lot more sleep and feel much better during the day.





 It is hard for me to pick which expression I like best. I love them all. He reminds me a lot of how Levi looked as a baby.
















Part of me feels a little bit bad for his big bros because I haven't had as much one on one time as before or as much as I'd like to but they seem to be doing fine and at night Jason trys to let me go get them ready and read books to them while he keeps little Davis happy. I love book time with the boys. One time during feeding time I saw each of the boys doing what they love. For Max he loves to color and draw and Levi of course loves to read. I love each of these unique boys. They have their own personalities, tastes and likes. And are each hilarious in their own way.

And more of Mr. Davis. I just can't help it. So much time nursing! But I actually don't really mind it. I forgot how much I actually love it despite the pain that it comes with and that I'm aways on call to do it. It is something I will only do for so long and it gets me to stop, sit and snuggle with a this little guy who I know is going to be towering over me in an instant.

Pondering life.



What cute little hands.
Him and dad matched for the day. Actually less than that because this kid sure likes to get cloths wet. He's too big for newborn diapers but size one sometimes don't fit quite right especially if you don't close them right so he's going through outfits pretty quick. That and anytime there's a diaper change he lets it loose. He's a pee-er. I've got none in the face yet and I'm keeping fingers crossed to dodge that bullet.
We went for our 2 week check up. All was well but even with all that nursing they said they want him to gain more. Right now he is amazing at night, so sleeps for 4 hours, then 3 and sometimes 2 or 3 more. It's pretty nice. But I have been waking him, especially after that 4 hours and it's hard to get him to wake up. The Dr. says I need to keep waking him till he's back up to his birth weight, so back to our chair we'll go. We'll fatten this kid up yet. Max didn't grow as fast as they'd like either. Levi had no problem but he was formula fed, I don't know if that made a difference.
Overall things have been going well, a lot of the same. For me nursing, nursing,  nursing. Ditto for Davis. For Max and Levi a lot of tv and lego time when they're not at school and for Jason lots of driving around balancing work, 3 boys and me. It's a regular mad house around here.

We have yet to really 'leave' the house because I'm technically not allowed to drive for another week, mostly because of the drugs which I am not taking anymore. I haven't for several days and feel fine. I think we're going to lay low for another week and then be a little more adventurous about exploring and getting out. Part of me can't wait to get out and part of me is enjoying all the hanging out.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

love all the pictures! it really is a bit of adjusting between enjoying the laziness of hanging around the house and going stir crazy to get out more. So excited for you guys and your new little man Davis! :)