Thursday, November 21, 2013

Randomness and Milk Comas

This last week has been a regular sort of one and seems to have gone much faster than the last now that we're figuring out some sort of routine. Jason went back to work full days so my kid chauffeur is gone but I had the other lady I carpool with take over my afternoon pick up shift so all I've had to do was drop off and pick up Max which is only a few minutes away. It all involves some juggling and calculating times of when Davis naps and eats but I think we've figured it out and then next week we only have a few days of school for Max and then Thanksgiving. After that I am back on board driving around both boys so we'll see how that goes.

Since I've been getting a decent amount of sleep, like 6-7 a night which is actually comparable to what I was getting before, just interrupted, I've got to do lots of hangout time with each of my big boys. I love Mr. Max, he's so funny and I love listening to him talk and form big thoughts about everything. I can't believe he was the baby I was rocking not too long ago. Here he's being silly and watching some show I'm sure. When I'm watching we're usually watching the History Channel and watching Pawn Stars or American Pickers, they seem to like it. Sort of.
Davis being cute. We've had that bouncer and blue blanket since Levi was born. The bouncer came from Aunt Pegi and saved us especially with Levi who was very hard to get to sleep and often Jason would bounce him next to our bed while he (Jason) was half asleep so we could all get at least a little bit of shut eye.

The blue blanket came from my childhood friend Aubrie and it has made the absolute best swaddling blanket ever. It is the perfect size and has a little bit of stretch so then can move but not completely unravel themselves. This little guy loves to be swaddled in it. So did the other two.
Jason is so cute with little babies, always has been. As part of our nightly routine I usually feed Davis after the other boys go to sleep then hand him over to daddy for an hour or so while I take a shower then feed him right before he (Davis) heads off to bed. I'll have to admit, sometimes my favorite time is my shower time when I have no one to worry about but myself for just that little window of time. That and I have my pretty new bathroom to hang out it. It's so nice and I'm glad Jason did it before Mr. Man came.







See? Told you they were cute.
Max, he's my night owl! He'll do almost anything to get me to come back in the room and I'll admit it I'm a sucker and will always go back in for an extra hug, kiss, or tuck in. They'll only ask for that for so many years.


Me snuggling. I love those little 'night gowns'. I remember we got them when Levi was a baby but Jason didn't like them one bit because they were 'dresses' so we didn't use them as much. Then with Max I used them more and found they are so handy for those nightly diaper changes.



I look like a goof in this last picture but it is my 'oh, isn't he too cute for words!' face.



I don't know why but Max LOVES Davis' car seat. If it's anywhere in the living room he'll sit in it.

Davis is getting used to the car seat, this is really our first week of using it a lot. So long as he's fed he does just fine. Look at those cheeks. This actually might have been at my Dr. appointment. Dr. Bair said I'm good to go and have healed nicely. Yea!

What does the fox say? The boys thoroughly enjoy this outfit.
Feet. He's got the cutest toes and and an interesting shaped toenail on his big toe. I wonder if that will change as he gets older.....I've never really paid that much attention to the other boys feet. Well maybe I did but I of course have forgotten.
I see this face a lot. Food mom!!!!!
And this one.......
Davis finally got the cold we had his first weeks home, though it seems he hasn't had it nearly as bad as the rest of us did, though it was amazing the boogers we have gotten out of him.

We normally have a bassinet in our closet but we wanted to use a humidifier while Davis was sleeping to loosen things up and help him sleep better but didn't want our closet and clothes to get all humid and musty so we put him in our bathroom. Awesome huh? I actually wouldn't have thought of it, Jason did but it has been the perfect solution. It's nice, dark, quieter (though we have a white noise machine on which he seems to like) and we can use the humidifier without worry it will leave everything damp. He doesn't seem to mind he's sleeping in a bathroom.






Again we have been watching WAY too much TV lately, normally it is hardly any but I figure I have a good excuse for a little while longer. They found a new show called Paw Patrol and were quite enthralled.

I don't know why it happened so late in the year (well, it seemed like it) but we finally got back Max's school pictures. They have what's called the Smile Bus come to the school and do pictures. I remember the day because I had just gotten home from the hospital and didn't really have energy to get Max all polished up with a nice shirt and cut and combed hair. I just told him to get school clothes on and he did so I was fine with that. He picked one of his favorite shirts and is smiling so I can't ask for much more than that!
Now it's time for some random pictures of things. But they all have a story.

Last week I found this chapter book at Goodwill for Levi that I thought he'd like. He seems to like mysteries and detective stories like the Boxcar Children, Geranimo Stilton, Encyclopida Brown....this was a dollar so I got it.

Well, he got his hands on it and read the whole dang thing by himself in a day and a half. At first when he told me he finished I didn't really believe him but then I asked him to tell me what it was about he did it. I was very impressed and so happy that he is loving to read on his own, I hope he always does.
Another thing I'm loving is Levi's school, he really seems to be enjoying it and tells me what he is learning about and gets very into it. I almost could never get any response about what was going on from him when he was in kindergarten. They just finished working on learning about insects and he would come home telling me about new bugs he learned about like the vinegaroons which I had never heard about. Well now they are just starting with dinosaurs and Levi decided he wanted to take the fossils we got from over the summer to show his class. When I asked him how it went he said "It was a great success!"



















Our FHE activity has been out for days. This was a Max pick.























Today was Levi's last day for a week or so because of Thanksgiving break and his class had also finished a book (Fudgemania I believe?) so they had a little party. His teacher asked if he could bring a treat to share. After talking to him he became very concerned with some of the options because one of the boys in the class can't have gluten. Luckily we happened to have some gluten free chex mix so we made muddy buddies. It was so sweet how concerned he was for his classmate. I love that boys
And this mommy's got to brag. Yesterday Max's teacher was complimenting him on how good his letters are and that only him and one other girl can do all their letters without having to trace. I am pretty sure I have nothing to do with this because I definitely didn't spend even a fraction of the time I spent working on them with Levi. It's so interesting to see how different two kids can be, Max has just always enjoyed writing and coloring where for Levi it has been more of a chore but reading has been sort of the opposite. To each their own.
Hello rainy season! It lasts for probaly 8 months of the year so we have a lot of activities to do indoors. While Levi was at school Max found our big box of buttons which has probably gone untouched for about a year. I found it on craigslist for a craft project and when I read box of buttons I thought a small one but it was really like a moving box one. I'm so glad we kept it cause kids love it.

Max went through them all and found fun buttons for all. Levi, Dad, Davis, the kids we carpool with and this one was for me was kindly put in my wallet by Max himself. Sometimes he can be so kind and thoughtful.
Max and I finally finished making up the dream catcher they started in his preschool class. When I asked him what he wanted to do with it he told me he wanted it above his door so I obliged.
The many faces of Davis. These were all after he had eaten and was kind of in a little food coma. I love the pouty face, it looks so much like both Max's.











And that's a wrap.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

love all the updates and pictures Kendra-you are rocking this 3 kids thing!!! not that I ever doubted you would, you're a great mommy! :)

Marissa and Blaine said...

Oh my goodness, I need to see little Davis and his Mama soon! He's so dang cute! Love that he's sleeping in the bathroom... that's awesome and a great story one day! My little brother slept in a laundry basket the first week or so of his life. Worked out great!