Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Conference Week and the Good the Bad and the Ugly

For school Levi's class read the book The Borrows and for part of it they each needed to build a room for the Borrowers house that they would all combine. Levi picked Arietties house (I'm positive I spelled that wrong but am too lazy to look it up). Gram helped him with his bed, quilt and pillow and Max and I helped cover it and decorate it using stuff we had around the house.

I am so glad I kept all my scrapbook stuff. I haven't done it in years and have tons of supplies that I decided to keep it all for kid crafting purposes. People think I super crafty and craft a lot but the truth is I get a lot of ideas from pinterest and am fairly good at replicating something when I want to. As far as doing it, I don't really make stuff like I used to and that was even before Davis was born. I do, obviously, make jewelry daily but anything beyond that just doesn't happen. For everything there is a season and right now crafting, sewing, creating (except jewelry which can be fun and helps pay some of the bills) is not a priority. Until then I'll have fun with the boys finding ways to use all those awesome supplies. I must say it all turned out really well.
Annnnnddddddd this I believe happened because I said no to macaroni and cheese for lunch. I've been trying to be more mindful about making sure the boys (and myself) eat semi healthy  and while we weren't having mac and cheese a lot, it was a little too much for my liking. I don't think I'm super strict about food but macaroni and cheese is fatty, salty and filled with carbs. Don't get me wrong, it is absolutely delicious but not the healthiest. So I decided that we can have it at the most 1 time a week. Max didn't take the news so well. Both these boys have been little punks in the food department so mammas been cracking down. I guess I'm just a mean old mom. Darn straight.
And of course library time. Can't go a week without it or their is practically a riot. It is an easy and cheap way to make these boys happy and I'm happy to oblige.
Some times they do actually WANT to eat healthy foods. Max has been into almonds lately and so I let him have at them.
Davie and I looking out at the traffic. An ear ache combined with fingernails that needed to be trimmed did not make for a great combination.
It's always Lego time over here. 
So during my rufusal to have macaroni and cheese we decided that Friday would be a good day. And the day finally arrived. I was working on trying to teach Levi how to make it. We got the water boiling and timed the noodles. While I was finishing feeding Davis the alarm went off for when the noodles would be done and Levi, trying to be helpful did the last step. I had told him the last step was to add the cheese, I should have just reminded him about the strainer part. My bad. He was so proud when he told me. Then slightly crushed when he realized what happened. Oh well, we just pulled out another cheese packed from a different box and drained the cheesey water. Problem solved.
And Friday because of all that ear pulling we finally headed off to the doctor. It was an ear infection and so we got antibiotics. He was a champ though he was very tired because his nap time was interrupted. Pretty much whenever we do anything it's interrupted though. That happens when you take three naps a day. What a lazy bum. Or a fast growing boy. One of the two.
And a little bit of Wii time in lieu of Movie Friday. I'm pretty sure Jason has had 10x more Wii time than the boys. One day they'll learn. Maybe they'll even beat mom and dad.
And it was general conference weekend! I was excited because the last one, 6 months ago, was probably my worst conference ever. I was very pregnant and had my worst gall bladder attacks that lasted for 2 days straight, instead of the hour and then away. I was in a ton of pain for the whole weekend and mostly stayed in bed. We had all been looking forward to pulling out our conference suitcase which is an old vintage suitcase Jason had from some family memeber.

In the conference suitcase I have big ziploc bags with each of the apostles picture and name. Inside there is an activity or a treat for them to have or do during when that speaker speak and this year I included a coloring picture in each for some one to color and put up over their picture. They both really look forward to it which is one of my goals. I remember as a kid not liking it just because it felt sooooo looooong and boooorrrring. After they talked I tried to talk to them a little bit about it.
On Sunday cinnamon rolls were made (Ok, I think I got started on them at midnight to have them done in time but they were eaten Sunday). I made a double batch to send up to the Olivers along with to send to some of our visiting and home teachees. Two (or three) birds with one stone I'd say. They were delicious. I'm tweaking a recipe and I think this was the best so far.
And more conference activities. We were able to color almost all of the pictures because there are always one or two that speak in priesthood. Overall, it was a good conference.

No comments: