Monday, June 23, 2014

Bottle Baby and a Bowser Birthday

Max heading off to school with weekend homework in hand and his yard work gloves on. He loves to wear those things. I can't believe how big this guy is getting.
And for dinner baked potatoes, corn, berries. The boys actually ate most of it. One of these days I'll figure out how to get them to eat what I cook. And now Davis' schedule has allowed him to be around during dinner instead of napping or eating. He seems to enjoy it.

And as promised we had Max's friend over and he thoroughly enjoyed himself.

And someone finally began to take a bottle. This kid was biting and would not let up so we have switched to bottle. But that is a whole other story. I'm just glad he finally takes one, I had tried so many times with this guy!
A picture Levi made.
And I finally got the figures for Max's Mario cake. He's quite excited about it!
And guess who I caught reading? You'll never guess. After we tried to get some group shots but Mr. Davis just wanted to come out and play with his bros.






A note Max had written me. I love it.
And a quick trip to Costco. Davis got to have some ice cream and loved it. I found that with #3 we have been more likely to let him test food earlier than we did with the other guys. He seems to be throughly enjoying it.






The time finally came to do the Bowser castle cake. I had watched several tutorials and was up to the challenge. I gathered all my supplies to do it but I probably shouldn't have waited until 10pm to get started baking the cake. It would have been a lot smarter to bake the cake then the next day decorate it but sometimes I don't do the smart thing and I end up doing what my friend has dubbed as 'pulling a Kendra',  meaning I get going on a project and don't stop until it's done which is very late at night. Or early in the morning.

Jason did help me color the fondant which was helpful but then after that he headed off to bed while I worked my magic (if you call it magic) while watching old episodes of 24.  Some might think I'm crazy and I probably am but I really like to make fun cakes for my kiddos. I only get to do it once every two years so I don't mind much. Plus the excitement I get to see  from my boys can't be beat. I do a lot of crafting and creating for others be they friends or customers but I don't often get to do it for my boys.
 All and all it turned out really well and Max loved loved loved it. Well worth staying up till the sun began to rise. Jason was awesome and allowed me to nap after chuch and helped clean the house and get the birthday dinner together. Max had specially requested 'swimp' and honedew. I also added a chicken pot pie for all those who don't do shrimp.
 
We had Monet and Cheryl, Krista, Regan and all the rest of the family. We also celebrated Monte's birthday because it was a few days before. It was a fun, casual party as always and the  cake was a hit! I can't believe my baby (well, ex-baby) is 5 years old. He was just my little guy. Too fast, it is happening too fast.



1 comment:

Danielle said...

that cake is AMAZING Kendra-I can just picture max's face when he saw it! :)