Thursday, June 12, 2014

Fancy Pancakes and Flower Hats

We started off the week with some new clothes for Max. Jason gets great deals on clothing from sample sales at work and he's been adding to a bag of kids cloths and we finally went and tried things on the boys and found who fit what. Max ended the morning wearing orange shorts and hoodie which he was extremely excited about because it's Nike, which he loves but it was also orange, his favorite color.
Guess whose getting mobile? He started off in the middle of the room but skooched and wiggled his way towards the kitchen.
Tough man Magee.
And Mr. Orange going to the library. The boys had begged me to go because it had been a while. Normally we go on Wednesdays between school and piano because we have just enough time to pick up some new books. But Krista had her baby and took the month off so we've just gone when we can. So it ended up being first thing Monday morning. I love Max outfit. They are always very interesting and I love him in those boots.


Aaaannnnd I'm not sure why he had his shirt off. Probably showing his muscles.
Family night consisted of a brief lesson, uno and strawberry smoothies.
With Max's birthday coming up we have been talking about what kind of cake he wants mom and dad to make him. We found a cool Mario one with a tutorial so we watched how it was made.
Jason was in charge of dinner, pancakes.
After school reading some Geranimo Stilton in the sunlight.
And for that nights dinner I made up some chicken, rolls, broccoli and canned pears. It went over pretty well. Man these guys are getting pickier and pickier! Now I am getting to understand why my mom almost never cooked, though she did have some very interesting casseroles.
One day I saw Jared downstairs with Gram watching Jim Hensons Creature Shop and I loved it. It's a competition to see who can make the best puppet creatures then whoever wins get to work there. I thought the boys would like it and we were hooked. We tried to pace ourselves but we watched pretty much the whole season in a couple of weeks. But to be fair there were 8 or 9 episodes.
Thursday was the Mothers Day Brunch at Max's school, I was so looking forward to it! Ashley Rowley watched Davis and Levi (it was Davis' first time that wasn't a family member!) so that it would just be me and Max. Max was very excited the whole week that it was just going to be the two of us.

First off I got a hat he decorated himself. I remember seeing these 2 years ago when Levi went to Mustard Seed I saw other moms in the 4 day class with this (Levi was in the 3 days class) and I kind of wish I had got one. Now I had one of my very own.
All the kids in the class drew pictures of their mom and answered questions. I love his answers. Nothing I do is the best? Mac and Cheese? Very Max answers. Love that kid.
They all sang some songs. There was a little drama before hand. So Caden (tall boy on the far right) had been best buddies with Max, he had been over numerous time and they loved playing together. Then I learned that Max didn't want to play with him anymore because he says that when Caden was over he spanked his bottom. I'm not sure if that really happened or not but to Max it did and it was a terrible offense. That and he was suddenly bffs with Brooklyn (the girl hes standing next to) the day they found out they had the same birthday and then they hung out together all the time. He even said he wanted to marry her because hey 'shes a girl'.

Anyways as they were going up Caden really wanted to stand next to Max but Max refused so Caden cried. I felt terrible about it. I didn't really know it was that big of a problem. I knew he was way into playing with Brooklyn but didn't know about Caden.

They all calmed down and were super cute as they sang. We sat to eat and ended up next to Caden and his mom and we all chatted and mended a few bridges. We even set up a time to have him come over the next week to help.

And the present he made me was a cute dish he painted with Jason. Tthey had both come in a couple weeks ago to make it. I love it and use it at my desk, he was very proud. It says I (heart) U and has a snake. Pretty sweet.
Friday was a hang out day and the boys had finally earned enough money to go get a dragon from the store. They were way excited. They have been into dragons and mythical creatures. They have quite the imaginations when they play with them. It's pretty fun to watch. Grandma Richelle would be proud of their collection. We get ours from the craft store rather than the toy store because we can use the 40% coupon.

The lady who checked us out was the same we had last time which was 3-4 months ago. They brought out all their change, were very charming and extremely excited to buy their own toy. The dragons are pretty cool.
And when I got home I found this. Levi had put it in the mail box for me which I saved for Sunday. I loved it, it was a picture he drew for me along with a photograph of him.
Slowly going through my camera. Need. More. Time......
For the past two Christmas' I have been putting these Santa Cards I found at the dollar store in the boys stockings. They were so excited to get them again this year. Levi turned his in and wanted to invite Jett and Tucker over for a sleepover but we decided to wait until after school was out in a few weeks.
And it was a day of babysitting. I watched Abby while Krista was at an appointment along with Sawyer and Gracie while their dad went to work but their mom (my best friend from high school who I wish was my next door neighbor, in my ward, something!) couldn't pick up until later. All the kiddos played and had fun. I was tired after it all and my house was definitely not cleaner but it was nice to be able to do something for others. I can't volunteer like I used to but I can babysit.
Max with a bag on his head after class. He got lucky because the other kid forgot to take it home, it is the show and tell bag, so he got an extra turn. He was excited but not excited enough to let me take a picture.
And then came Saturday. A whole day off, it was my mothers day gift. It is a rare thing in my world and that is all I wanted for mothers day, a day without kids or responsibility, just doing what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. It was very needed and much appreciated.

I got to sleep in, take my time getting ready, meaning I got to shower and put on makeup on a day that wasn't sunday.

After that I went off to meet Becca for an early lunch in Hillsboro. I love that girl and could talk to her forever. I wish we could get together more but it can be hard finding a time that works. It was a great meal with one of the best people I know.

On the drive I got to listen to my music. It is a very rare thing which goes to show I need to get out more. Usually I'm with the kiddos chatting or listening to some disney. I played it loud and sang at the top of my lungs. After that I drove by DQ which I haven't been to in over a year and got a shake just because I knew I wouldn't have anyone steal it from me. I was kind and got Jason an oreo one because I had to go home and feed Davis before I met up with Brooke.

Brooke and I met up at an antique shop because we had a little time before we had our nail appointment. A pedicure for me and a manicure for her. Pedicures have become one of my favorite things. Then we went for lunch with Danielle. A quick trip back to feed baby then off to shop by myself and just take my time. Twas fantastic and I'm thankful for a husband  who took Davis and to my Dad who ended up taking both of the older boys over night.
Sunday was a good day. Pretty normal and relaxing. I went to Krista's to take pictures of  Ivan. It was kind of the only time we could do it. Isn't he cute? Davis was this little only a few months ago (and Max and Levi seemed like just  moments ago).





1 comment:

Danielle said...

so many cute things about this post. but that mother's day hat...too sweet!