Monday, October 20, 2014

May The Force Be With You My Young Padawan

For Levi's 7th birthday it was the family/casual party with a really fun cake year and this year he decided he wanted a Star Wars one. We looked at lots of different ones online to see one that would work. I loved doing it because he's such a logical kid. Like we would see some crazy cool it took 20 hours to make cake and instead of asking for the moon he said 'cool but a little too hard to make'. I loved that he understood that. Because honestly if he did ask for something more complicated and really wanted it, I would probably do it because he's that awesome.

So this was the one we settled on and it was relatively easy. I was smart and baked the actual cakes the day before. I was a little crazy because I used my biggest pan on the bottom not really thinking. Well. The bottom has two layers and took 4 boxes of cake mix and the top took 3. We were going to have WAY too much cake but I was already in too deep so we kept going (We did cut middle circles out of each and froze them so they will be Davis' cake, thanks to a tip from Richelle the master baker for that!)

I didn't spend nearly as much time on it as I did Max's. I finished it late at night like I always do and he freaked out and loved it. That is what I was going for.
 Then of course he wanted to have me take this shot.
 I wanted to get some more traditional ones of him next to the cake. He was not amused and was as patient as he could be while I figured out lighting and focus. What a trooper.
 And Max wanted to cut the cake with his 'light saber'. I humored him and let him pretend for a minute or two.
 We took it downstairs so Gram could see it.
 I think he's making his wish right there....
 My birthday boy!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

what an amazing cake Kendra!! nicely done!