Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Thank Goodness for Barbers and Polar Express Time

Every year for Christmas I get a new DVD to add to our collection. I know, we could watch them on tv but they have commercials and you never know when it will be on, same with checking out from the library. I like to pick when we watch and no thank you commercials.

This year we got the Home Alone collection and it was perfect. The boys only saw part of the first last year on TV but loved it. You should hear the giggles when the bad guys are getting beat up. Love it. Ya guys give up, or ya thirsty for more?
And Max's hair. The thought of having to cut his hair makes me want to run and hide. I did it in the early summer in a super short buzz cut with me holding him down and his screaming the whole time. Not pretty. So I let it go on long enough. His bangs were getting super long and so I told him we had to take care of that but he would only let me use scissors and got mad midway. It wasn't perfect but it did the job for a month or so. As you can see from this before picture it was pretty crooked.

Then after a lot of talk he consented to getting it cut at the barbers but ONLY if they used scissors. So with my fingers crossed we went. He has gotten a lot braver and went off on his own though we could see him from a distance. A year ago he never would have done that.
I did my best during to keep the tornado under control while Levi was reading. Any surprise with that one?
And after, all trimmed up and looken' good. In some ways it looked better up front when it was longer but for me personally I don't really like long hair on my guys. So there you go.
Because he was so good I asked if he wanted to get a mini cupcake from a cupcake shop nearby or look at toys. He picked toys. Then insisted I take pictures of all his favorites to send Santa. So these were all his wants. The only thing he did end up getting was the Pete the Cat, we love those books.
Tornado Dave.
And Levi has become a Hero Factory guy.
And it's that time of year again, Polar Express party! I get super busy all during November and December so play dates are very few and far between so this makes up for it a little.

I have done many different types of invitations over the years and every year I have to search for some sort of invite/ticket. So I decided I would have my amazingly talented friend Julie who kicks butt in the design department, make me up some tickets/invites so I can have them on hand every year as well as put them up on my blog.

So I got them printed and cut up and sent out. Go me! Sometimes things like getting invites out are the most I get done in a day (of course besides all the normal day to day kid/life stuff)
I am lucky enough to have some amazingly talented friends. Candy also has a handmade business and so we talk shop a lot and bounce a lot of ideas off each other. It is just nice to talk to someone who is kind of in the same boat as me and not only has all the family holiday stuff going on but throwing on top of that running a business out of our houses working late nights and nap times.

Anways, we were texting back and forth about the Christmas craziness and how our houses were trashed and then we started sending pictures to help each other feel a little better. I'll admit it, it kind of did knowing that only a couple of miles away her house was just as crazy as mine.

Aren't these horrible!? Creators got to create I suppose. It's a messy business. So are kids making the house a disaster zone.
We have had the living room barricaded off for a couple of months just to keep the Davis damage down to a minimum and so Jason put up a board and gate to keep him out. Guess who figured out how to get through? He did this like 4 times in a row. Smarty pants.


Wrestling shoes for Max! For the first couple of practices he went in socks which are no good traction wise. It's so hard because sports shoes are so dang expensive and these kids feet just keep growing so they only last a season and you never know if the other kids will fit because it might just not work out season wise. Anyways, after seeing Max try to wrestle with no shoes I got online with him and got some. I let him pick and he chose the flashy one over black. That's my kid! They were a little more expensive but totally worth it to see him get so excited about it all. Yeah buddy!
After I had dropped the boys off at wrestling (and it is amazing to just drop them off and not have to stay the whole time anymore) I ran off with this guy to the drug store. SOMEONE is teething again. He got 8 teeth from 3-4 months and it looks like another set of 8 all coming in at once which makes for a grumpy man. I was desperate and got a couple of different things hoping something worked.
After I got them home I couldn't open them fast enough and tore into them like a wild animal. Teething is not fun.
Max LOVES to steal my 'snuggle sweater' and sleep with it. As much as I might want to wear it I just can't help but let him, he really can be the biggest sweetheart. Levi also steals it every now and again but Max is almost daily. Then he wraps himself up and looks like yoda or something.

Davis has been very into toothbrushes lately and will steal any he can get his hands on.
Watch out Max.
One of my all time favorite things is peppermint ice cream. So freaking good. Burgerville makes a peppermint ice cream shake during the holidays and I was VERY good and only got one this year. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
This kid loves food.
Making his sandwich.
One of the things I have learned in doing several Christmas with my shop is that it is very nice to have a lot of meals ready to go or things with very little prep, so this year I got a big bag of Dino nuggets. A confession, I have never bought frozen chicken nuggets before, we always make them from scratch, I just like them better that way. But the boys were thrilled and I was happy it was something more than cereal.
Davis strikes again.
Our neighbor Callie got these cute advent calendars for the boys. She was so sweet thinking about them and really is a wonderful neighbor. Needless to say the boys have been loving opening them and getting a chocolate every day.
This boys is way more adventurous in the world of climbing than his brothers ever were.
Levi told me that he could give Max a piggy back and I didn't believe him so he proved it. How is it my kid is old enough to do things like that?
Max's Christmas list. "Hi santa i want a How to train your dragon 2 action set and transformer trex and a Lego Chima set"
Caroling with some families in our ward and then we headed off for some hot chocolate at the Church. I remember caroling with various groups as a kid and it seems like no one does it these days. Sad.
Polar Express Party insanity! I told the boys they could each invite 5 kids but then of course we ended up with more because I knew there were siblings that would love to come. Plus 12 kids or 20 kids it's actually not that big of a difference as far as craziness goes.
I got a picture from a mom at school from their Christmas Party.

No comments: