Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Bagels and Microphones

 And it's library time! It had been a while since we went to the library. The boys were quite excited.
 Guess who noticed the tree right away? It was a decorate-only-the-top-half-of-the-tree sort of year. But it had all our favorite ornaments on it which the boys were excited to put up which is the most important part. Definitely not a Martha Stewart tree. But it never has been and I don't think I want one of those anyways.
 Off to drop off the boys at wrestling practice. I love watching this kid sleep.
Not just because he's still and not pulling everything out of everywhere.
 And wrestle time! These boys love going to practice (well, most of the time) and are always sweaty when they come home. I don't know if this is something they will do with they get older but for right now they are enjoying it and that's what matters.
 This kid LOVES our Polar Express Santa (thank you grandma and grandpa Goodrich!). You can squeeze one hand and he says 'The magic of Christmas lies in your heart." So because he can't push the button himself he would bring Santa to Jason, the boys or me and shove it on our laps telling us he wanted us to push the button. So we do, listen then throw it across the room where he would chase it and bring it back. Sometimes he would do this a dozen times.
 Peeping outside. I don't know what was so interesting. He was probably just bored with me and waiting for his bros to get home.
 Because December is so busy I had Alyssa come and babysit for me a number of times while I worked in the office. She does a great job and somehow keeps Davis out of trouble. She almost got him asleep this time.
 Off to shop! And guess who LOVES bagels? I had to call them 'circle toast' for almost a year to get him to eat them. Now he loves them and will even call them their real name.

 Still quite enthralled with their books. A lot were Lego ones.
 We went to the dollar store and had a little extra time so we went to the toy section. We found those echo-y microphones and Davis thought they were so hilarious. I really wish I could have video taped it because it was pretty much the cutest thing ever. He would go 'Ahhhh!' into it and then giggle hysterically and he did that at least a half a dozen times. There were even 4 or 5 people in the store  passing who stopped to watch him laugh. Loved it. He would have been a you tube sensation.

And I got a big shipment of charms (for some reason on a Sunday) and the boys helped me take them out of their packages, sort and count them. I knew I had kids for a reason.

No comments: