Monday, February 1, 2016

Let the Summer Begin and A Washington Weekend

I know, what a way to start a post but hey, this is real life, my life. After a bath I was getting some cloths and Davis took off downstairs and this is what I found. Gross. Kids are so gross. Don't worry, it's all been cleaned and sanitized.
Davis loves to read with his big bro.
And make messes.
And be on the receiving end of a good belly blow.
They love their Legos.
The first blueberries from the yard! One plant didn't make it this year but the rest are going strong.
It was so hot in the house it melted the coconut oil. The summers can be so miserable sometimes upstairs.
The boys helping me with dinner by slicing olives.
We went with a few friends to the fountain. Davis was so scared and clung to me at first but then saw how much fun everyone was having and couldn't resist.
Another boy was very kind and let him play with his balloon but eventually wanted it back. Note to self, bring our own balloons next time. We ended up taking him home from the fountain kicking and screaming.

Since it was so hot we had dinner on the grill. I pretty much don't cook normally all summer long. With no AC and the kitchen upstairs I just can't make myself do it. So we made some grilled cheese on the grill. The boys were happy of course.
This kid loves his ketchup.
Rowley/Goodrich time.
And time for some exercises.
How I wake up most mornings. So cute. Actually this is better hair than most days.
I took Max to school on one of his last days when Jason was off on a business trip and got goodbye kisses. I love this kid.
Yoga and pretty nails. Thank you Jason.
Target time.
Aunt Sharon and mom's cousin was in town for the wedding so we all went out to a big dinner at the Spaghetti Factory. All the boys were ecstatic.
I love my boys. They drive me nuts a lot but they sure can melt my heart with their sweetness and big smiles.
Davis peeking at the eaters outside.
I love these signs I had made for me from a gal I met through Instagram. Each of the clocks are set to the times that the boys were born. I really want to do some vinyl and put their names on each.
Tornado Dave strikes again. Anytime I forget to tie up the fridge handle (I'm pretty good at remembering) something like this happens.
Big brothers home! Dave loves waving hi to his brother and the bus driver (we love her!)
Max got some money for his birthday and decided it was high time to make a trip to Target to spend it. So Power Rangers it was.
I forgot why but I think I had something going on that weekend so Jason ended up taking the boys to Washington because Philip was opening his mission call. He went to Japan!
One of the things I did while they were gone was paint this door and trim white. It has had a lot of wear and tear throughout the years and while it would be nice to just replace them all that would be very spendy when we could be doing other things. So I wanted to do a trial run and did this one. I love how it turned out. Sorry, I didn't take a picture of the end here.
But I did do a K because I just couldn't help myself.
A picture from Washington. Dave slept pretty soundly. I always miss my guys when they're gone. Don't get me wrong, I love a good break but I still miss them.

I don't know why but I loved this and had to take a picture as I was walking down the stairs. Each of the boys and their hats and coats all hung up.
And I'm not sure why but I really wanted to take their pictures. I should have got out my better camera but this had to do.




No comments: