Monday, August 11, 2008

Little Germany: Leavenworth, WA

We just got back from our trip to Leavenworth, Washington. I have never been there before (or even heard of it). It is a "Bavarian Village" with German architecture and theme. The town was everything I would expect from what I have seen of small German Villages on TV. Very touristy. Good thing we were tourists.
This is on our way to pick up Jason from work. There was a lot of construction going on, I had my camera and Levi just looked too cute.
Grandpa Larry and Levi.
Jason stole my camera from me and insisted he take pictures. I was not in the having my picture taken mood because I was a a very critical point in the fourth book of the "Twilight" series.
I really wanted to get pictures of us floating down the Winatche River on tubes but I figured that my camera would get wet. I had to settle for a picture of the banner of the company we rented from. No. Levi did not go. Grandma was gracious enough to babysit.
Uncle Willy(6) and Uncle Al (8) fought over who would get to push Levi's stroller every time we went out. They did a good job despite the look Levi's giving me. They even brought him a bag of Cookie Crisp Cereal.Promptly after his Uncles purchased toy swords (for themselves), Levi had them both in his hands for the rest of the trip. It kept him from getting into TOO much trouble.
While we were watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics, Grandpa came over and slyly handed Levi an Oreo. What a mess he made. We tried to clean it all up but the next morning he must have found a piece because his face was suddenly black again. I don't mind all the treats he gets (NO SODA ALLOWED THOUGH). I don't give him any sweet stuff because I figure with 4 grandmas, 3 grandpas, and tons of great grandparents running around, he gets more than his share. It's only downhill from here. So happy with Daddy!
So happy with Mommy (though a bit squirmer, she didn't have him strapped in a stroller)!

1 comment:

Megan said...

You are a vacationing fool! I want to move to Oregon. Levi is soo cute.
My kids are addicted to oreos thanks to their grandpa.