Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Updates

Yesterday Jason asked me why I haven't posted any 'updates' on our family and what has gone on in the past month or so. So here I am, at his request and for all of you dying to know what we've been up to......

Almost four weeks ago my grandfather passed away which was a huge shock to all of us. He was really close to us and we will miss him a lot. For the two weeks following, it was pretty chaotic with funeral arrangements, family coming to town and all that. The funeral was a wonderful, joyous celebration of him and his life and was exactly how he would have wanted it. We are doing pretty well with it all and know he is on to great and important things.

Because my grandmother is in a rehabilitation center from a fall she had almost two months ago, it left there house empty and so she asked Jason and I (and Levi) to come an live in the house and stay after she comes back. After a lot of though and consideration we decided to move in and will be helping my grandmother when she is able to come home (hopefully less than two months).

So for the past several weeks we have been cleaning, arranging, moving and organizing everything. Jason, Levi, baby Max, and I will be living upstairs while my grandmother will be downstairs.

It is nice to live in our own 'place' we can settle into and call our own (sort of). For those of you who don't know, we have been living with my mom for the past year or so. Last Thanksgiving my grandfather got very sick while we were visiting for the holidays and we decided we needed to move back to Oregon from Provo to help out at my grandparents (especially since I was the only one in the family not working). While we were at my mom's we were able to get a lot accomplished financially but most importantly I able to help out at my grandparents house and spend a lot of time with my grandparents and they got to bond with Levi. I am glad Levi had that time to really get to know and love his great grandpa. They were such buddies.

So here we are. The house is a LOT closer to Jason's work and is still pretty close to the rest of our family. It is a very roomy, comfortable place. Jason has been excitedly working on setting up his huge 120 gallon aquarium he got for his b-day and we are lucky to have enough bedrooms upstairs for me to have a craft room (ok, I have to share it with Jason's office. I take what I can get) which I am VERY excited about. Levi loves it because there is a huge backyard and lots of new things to explore. And he loves the laundry chute. So far I've found a banana peel, a shoe, and some garbage. It makes doing laundry a lot funner because I never know what I'm going to find next.

Well. Hope that's everything. Oh. Levi goes into nursery next week. As you can tell I'm very excited.

2 comments:

cymagen said...

:D love you sis

cymagen said...

POST A NEW BLOG before you burst!