Saturday, February 28, 2009

What? No Birthday?

Today is February 28th and in less than 10 minutes or so it will be March 1st. Do you know what happens on Feburary 29th? It is Levi's half birthday. So since there isn't a February 29th in 2009 I guess Levi won't be 1 1/2 right? I sure hope so, because I have every intention of putting him in nursery tomorrow. I've been waiting for this day for too long. Last week I tried to persuade Jason to let me put him in just a little early, to get him used to it, but Jason thought that was 'cheating' and would have none of it. Oh well.

Levi has grown up a lot, just in the past few months. I am always amazed by just how smart that little man is. Here are some new things he's been up to:

- He will now grab your finger (or hand, or leg, or pants) and drag you to where he wants you to go. It's pretty cute, though it sometimes it's to something he shouldn't be getting into. Then he'll get quite upset after all the work he's done to get you there and get whatever it is for him, just to refuse assistance.

- He will point to things when counting or he'll grab your finger and move it to count things

- He can put his clothing in the laundry chute and put dishes in the sink (we put them in the workforce early!)

- Staying on the cleaning theme, he loves to sweep and vacuum, though he is pretty scared of the big vacuum when it's on. We have a smaller, more portable one that he loves to 'use' when either one of us are vacuuming, it's pretty sweet.

- He has been sleeping in a 'big boy bed' for the past week, though I didn't think that would happen until AFTER the baby came. Him and dad sure showed me.

- He can 'say' and identify a LOT of different things (by 'say' I mean say the first syllable...he's only done two syllables or sounds a couple of times)

- He loves to color

- He will fold his hands when it's time to pray, and is pretty good at reminding us to do so. But then follows it by laughing when he sees everyone closing there eyes and bowing there heads. When Amen is said, he most often follows it with a big 'Ahh' and spreading his arms out like an evangelical preacher (not that that's bad, I just have no idea where it came from)

- He can open doors. (I have been dreading him learning that one for quite a while now). Luckily it's only a few in the house.

- He climbs chairs, even the tallest ones, with ease

- He loves putting pennies in banks (or jars).

- If you ask him where his 'baby brother' is he'll come up to me and kiss or hug my stomach. It's hilarious, though I am interested to see what he will do when the baby comes and we ask him where is baby brother is.


As an end to this report, recently we found out Levi is in the 95% for height and 90% for weight. Yes, he's a big boy. But I don't think anyone ever expected him to be anything but huge, not with the genes he has. It makes me wonder just how high those grocery bills will get when he's a teenager. One can only imagine.

Happy half birthday Levi!!!! We love you so much!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Happy half birthday Levi!!! What a cute little man and its fun to hear all the stuff he's up to. Gives me a warning on what I'll be dealing with soon. ;)