Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Man Day

This year our family decided that instead of doing "Father's Day" we would do "Man Day" to honor all those in our family who are not yet 'official' fathers, and are wonderful uncles, brothers, sons....

What do you do to celebrate Man Day? Well. For us it was ribs. Pretty manly right? Also we did man day presents for all. Among the gifts: ties, shirts, work gloves, Old Spice, razors, and even some Milk Duds. For my man: a fire bowl so he can be a man and do what men do. Build fires. For the little men in the fam: clothing from Grandma Nese. Don't worry, they were pretty manly cloths, even Max's outfit which had sharks all over it.

I wish I had taken more pictures but my littlest man decided he didn't want to sleep for pretty much the whole weekend and even the latter part of the week, so I was a little sleep deprived. Ok. A lot. Pictures were not a priority at the moment.
What is a "Man Day" without a cake? I think the fishes were in honor of Jason's love of fishes and fish tanks. Or maybe it was all they had left at the bakery.
We invited the Carstens over. Guess who is one of Levi's best buddies? Hint....he's wearing green.
Ribs. Mmmm. Jason did an amazing job, couldn't even tell it was his first attempt. This is all that was left over, and there was a LOT....So messy, so manly. As we were eating one of my brother's declared it was ok to be messy and burp on Man Day. I protested a little to the burping part.
This pic was from last week but it is of two of my favorite "Men" being very manly.

Happy Man Day to all my favorite men!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Here, here! Happy Man Day to all!

The Hadley Family said...

What a fun idea! I'm glad you and Jason got some of the grow boxes too. We are loving ours already. Max is adorable just like big brother. :)