Sunday, November 22, 2009

Halarity at Church

Why bother???

Going to church with little ones is always interesting. Sometimes I wonder why I even go to church. For example today, I sat down for sacrament meeting with my little family and we were able to listen for a moment, ok five minutes, then Max cries. Dad takes him because if Levi sees me leave, he'll really freak (he's in a clingy mommy mode lately). I try my best to keep him occupied with books, coloring, crackers but we end up having to leave to 'run off some steam' for about 30 minutes until those blessed nursery teachers arrive. Then off to Sunday school with Max. I sit down, literally two minutes later the nursery leader tells me I have a poopy toddler. Change said toddler. Get back to Sunday school and Max starts crying (grandma took him during that time) . I go and feed him. Sunday school ends. Relief Society starts and I have Max this week (daddy is usually able to take him most of the time). I lead the music, sit down with crying baby, then have to do music time. As I come to sit down for the second time, Max decides he doesn't want me sitting, so we leave and walk the halls where I get him calmed enough for me return for the last five minutes of the lesson, where he flirts with everyone, giving them his sweet smiles, convincing them all that he is the sweetest baby in the world (which he is for the most part). I finish by leading the music with the grandma's watching over my little 6 month old (by 'watch' I mean they slipped him part of a candy bar but according to them "it calmed him down".) What a Sunday. Good thing I know the church is true!!!!

But among all that hall walking and feeding there were some HALARIOUS moments, such as:

Showing Levi this picture:
When asked what he saw he replied: "skateboard".

When I walk the halls with Levi I try and talk about the pictures on the wall to make it a learning experience for him so I'll at least feel like we're getting some spirtualness out of the meeting. He insisted at stopping at this one:
Then he stated matter of factly "superman" and pointed to Samuel.

Oh and the funniest part of the day (at least in my opinion)
The ward choir gets up and starts singing to which Levi chimes in saying "me sing too, me sing too. popcorn, popcorn" (popcorn popping on the apricot tree, he loves that song). When he realized they weren't going to change their tune, he sat on his chair, folded his arm and says "dear Heavenly Father, amen". Looks up, sees there still singing and yells. Not just any yell, but shouts of "nursery time, nursery time". And so we walk.

1 comment:

Megan said...

And I thought church was bad with one, haha.

Levi kills me. Cutest kid ever!