Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Brothers

Last night, at four in the morning I awoke to a sweet voice saying "don't cry baby Max, don't cry" and as I tiptoed across the hall I saw Levi standing over the crib trying to comfort his little brother who had been crying. My heart melted!!! Levi is such a good big brother and Max just adores Levi. It has been so interesting to see them together in the past month or two since Max has been able to sit up, roll over, grab things and just be more involved in everyday life.

What I love about this growing brotherly bond:

- How Levi loves grabbing Max's hand, shaking it and saying "nice to meet you"

- Listening to Levi say 'baby, teute' every time he refers to Max

- Max's eyes following Levi whenever he's in the room

- How Levi says 'don't touch' and waggles his finger when Max grabs onto a toy, who has a pretty tight grip! And then how Levi is pretty good about finding a different toy for his little bro to play with

- How when asking someone to draw our family, Levi always remembers 'Baby Max'.

- Often, to his parents dismay, Levi wanting to go get Max from the room because he hasn't seen him in a while

I sure do love my house full of boys, what a lucky girl I am!

No comments: