Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pure randomness

I just feel like writing so here goes.

Levi just broke the broom. It was a super cheap one so it didn't have a long life expectancy anyways. The good thing is right after he did it he told me he was sorry without me saying a word to prompt him. He's getting better at that.

Max has oatmeal all over him. He only had a few bites this morning and now is wanting to finish it off but all by himself. It's a mess. I'm just happy he's eating. He hasn't been eating a ton lately.

Right now the boys are playing with the button box. What's that you ask? Several years ago I bought a HUGE box of buttons, it must have been from a factory or something but I got it on Craigslist for $10 for a random project that I obviously didn't need THAT many buttons for and the boys love it. They fill different containers, use dump trucks, ladles, funnels, spoons and other kitchen stuff. It's great entertainment. Though I have learned I have to cover the floor vents when we do this activity.

Right now I'm in the living room watching them play because it seems like every time I leave to do anything productive they end up screaming at each other and fighting. But if' I'm in here doing pretty much nothing they are fine. Ugh. It's been like that the past couple days. But it's fun watching them play. Luckily they have both been taking naps so I can get stuff done then.

Primary has been keeping me pretty busy but overall I think it's a lot of fun. It's WAY more entertaining than RS, not that I don't love that too. At the same time there is a lot of work and time spent preparing 20 minutes worth of stuff every week. My office is filled with countless visual aids, games, songs and my laminator has already paid for itself several times over I'm sure. The great thing about it is I have used a bunch of that stuff for play time with my boys and even with Levi's preschool/playgroup.

I've been working out more lately. I started doing 5k's on Saturdays like I used to. I am SO slow. This last week I just about died but it felt good to finish. Also I started up at 24 hours fitness. I ended up getting the kids club pass for various reasons. When I worked out before things were different. Jason was working from home, I wasn't so busy with my etsy shop and other things. So I used to workout at night after they went to sleep or whenever Jason could watch them. Now I pretty much get right to work when the boys sleep and that's why exercising just wasn't happening. So while we have a bunch of equipment at home, I need something to entertain the boys besides a TV. Now they love doing 'gym' time and are always ready for a nap when we're done with it. Win win.

The shop has kept me pretty busy. For January and February I've had almost the same in sales I did for Christmas (lots of wedding orders). I am working on trying to simplify some designs and keep profits up with out spending more time on it all. Jason has been helping me more on the business end of things because he's good at it and I don't care for it much. I just like to make stuff. Also we are working on doing a website outside of etsy but that won't be done for a long time.

Right now it's snowing and Levi's quite excited. He told me he'd watch the snow while I pick up the buttons. Nice try bud.

No comments: