Thursday, October 6, 2011

FHE

Family Home Evening has always been something I wanted to make sure I did with my kids. We didn't do it much in my family, for a bit when we were little but after my parents got divorced it didn't really happen due to the insanity that comes with a divorce, my mom going to school full time and working full time. But has always been my goal to be consistent about Family Home Evenings.

We've been doing a FHE group this year which has helped tremendously. It's crazy getting things ready but when it comes to getting an activity/lesson/song ready the day of all I have to do is pull it out. There's always something fun, I even use them for other random times throughout the day.

It used to be that Jason and I did the lesson or activity but a couple of months ago Levi started getting in on the action and now we rotate lesson, activity and treat between the three of us with Max as the designated 'helper'. Levi loves it and looks forward to it every week. He loves picking what to do and being able to participate.

This week Jason had the lesson and did a felt story of the first vision. I'm always suprised how much Levi remembers, I don't think I knew that much when I was his age. Max usually just throws random parts on the felt board.
For the activity (mine) we went to the store and got Grandpa his birthday present, the boys were very excited about it. And Levi got to pick the treat. His choice, the ice cream shop of course. It's a great gelato shop close to us. Smart pick buddy. I'm sure am loving our Monday nights.

No comments: