Monday, October 24, 2011

Larry 5-0

A couple weekends ago we took a trip to Washington to celebrate Jason's day's 50th (wow, your getting pretty old there Larry! Haha, jokes on me, so am I. Jason found three grey hairs on me the other day. It happens to the best of us I suppose).

It was a fun trip. The boys and I got to watch Richelle frost and decorate his 'Fifty Sucks' cake. The boys loved the lollypop idea. Cake AND candy? Yes please.
Fun huh?

Well Larry is crazy with a capital 'C' and decided to make a huge meal for all his friends and family. I mean, take-a-couple-days-off-work-so-I-can-work-my-butt-off-ON-MY-BIRTHDAY-cooking-for-everyone-FROM-SCRATCH crazy. It was a great spread though. Smoked salmon, turkey, chicken, beef, baked potatoes and chile from scratch, stir fry. Yeah, he's pretty loco. But it sure was tasty, so no complains here. This is how the boys like to party if your wondering.
Game day shirts on, rolling on the floor.

Here's a hug of Levi and grandpa 'Narry'. It's the best I got, my camera was being weird.
Apparently Larry was a root beer chugging champion back in the day so Richelle thought he needed to see if he was still #1.

Note, the guy next to him won, though was was at a slight disadvantage if you notice the size of everyone's bottles.
Max following suit. It's in his blood you know.

Guess who was the first one in line to the cake/sucker table??? He hovered around it during most of the party, biding his time. I guess it paid off because he was the first one to get a slice of cake.
Later that night the boys gave Larry his presents and cards. We tried to have the boys pick out cards in the 'grandparents birthday section' but that's pretty limited and they were of course drawn to others, so we let them choose whatever. Levi picked a transformer one that was made for someones's 7th birthday but we just changed the # and Max picked out something with a tractor I believe.
We had been asking them, especially Levi, for weeks what should we get grandpa. His reply was always "tractor tools and tractor parts". Since we don't have a lot of tractor parts or tractor tools stores around here we ended up getting screwdrivers. Levi got him a set of mini ones and Max got the larger ones. Levi was very excited about the whole thing.
Oh, and when I asked him how we should wrap it Levi insisted on wrapping them in foil. It was actually a great idea because they were able to do most of the wrapping themselves and we didn't have to use tape. I think he got the idea from Sesame Street......
Happy Birthday Larry!

No comments: