Tuesday, June 26, 2012

K is for Krazy Rocks

 We got to together with some of our favorite people and made 'krazy' rocks. I've been wanting to do them with the boys for a while so I kind of stretched what I was doing to fit with the k theme, but they don't know the difference.

We did monster rocks so we went outside to find some good ones and came in and painted it. While the rocks were drying, we watched Wild Kratts (a favorite of theirs) and had hotdogs and ketchup. They loved it. 
 Once they were all dry we painted on faces and glued on google eyes. They were quite proud of them. We even did an extra one for dad for fathers day.
 My genius moment was making these 'aprons' from garbage sacks. We needed a way to keep the kids semi clean but still let them create. It's just a garbage bag with a hole at the top, two on the sides for the arms and then you use a cloths pin or something to hold it back because it's a little baggy. Genius, don't know how I didn't come up with that before. I'm definitely doing it again.

K words for the day:
keep, king, kiss, kind, kids, kept, key, knit, know, kin, kelp, kite, kewi, kick, kitten, kit, Kendra (me!) and knight.

Some other K activities I thought might be fun was flying a kite, going to Krispy Kreams, or dressing up like Kings and doing some sort of play or something.

No comments: