Friday, August 17, 2012

Full Bloom

 This year our strawberries have gone wild! I don't know why, but probably has to do with the automatic watering system Jason set up in the spring. I've never been great at remembering to water them every day. If they could only tell me they were hungry like the kids do maybe I'd do it. Anyhoo, strawberries were great along with the blueberry bushes which we hope to plant more of next year.
 This year I got an itch to plant seeds with the boys in the spring and out of all the seeds that got planted and things that actually decided to grow these green beans made it. I think it's the only thing I've ever grown, as an adult, from a seed. Usually I buy starts.
 And tomatoes, which are a first have gone crazy and now are mostly all red and ready to be picked. Thank you Jason for figuring out the watering, I'm pretty sure nothing would have grown otherwise. You're just great.
 Oh, not pictured, the raspberry bushes, which, despite me promising to Jason I'd take care of and wouldn't get out of hand, have and are all over the side yard and gate.....sorry!

No comments: