Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Settling

I have a bunch of pictures but I don't feel like posting right now, so I'm going to let my fingers do the work.

We have been having a pretty good summer, Monday's going to shows put on by the library followed by playing in the fountain and maybe getting a cupcake from Bliss, Tuesday library days where we find new awesome books and movies for the week, Wednesdays with either doing a $1 movie or having a craft day with friends, Thursday are our lazy around days and Friday adventure days with dad. It's been a lot of fun and I'm LOVING that I don't have to worry about naps so we can just go, that Max is fully potty trained so I don't have to cart around everything but the kitchen sink. It's been nice and I'm really enjoy the age my boys are at this summer. They can communicate well, don't need food/drink 'right this instant' because they've learned to wait a bit which has also decreased the amount of baggage I have to carry when we have a day out. It's been nice.

This summer has been a summer of friends. Lots of them. We love having them over. The boys get new exciting people to play with (because lets face it I'm certianly not that entertaining all the time, sometimes maybe, but day to day I'm a bore) and then I have some time while they go off and play in the house/yard to get work done or even at the park where I can read a book. I haven't got to just read in ages. We have a number of favorites but my boys have been loving some church friends Porter and Mason. Porter is a little older than Levi and Mason in between. I don't know what it is about both of them but they get along with my boys so well, they'll just play for hours with each other without a fight. So yes, I welcome them over whenever possible. We usually alternate having them over to go to the library or other outing.

Then we have our neighbor Lily. I don't know why we haven't really had her over much before. Probably cause she's a girl and my boys don't really play with girls (most people I know have boys) and she's almost 9 so a bit older in into different things. But I needed some help keeping the boys busy while I had to get some orders done in the office and so I talked to her mom about being a 'mother's helper' and playing with them for a few hours and it has worked out wonderfully. She isn't a mothers helper to me often but comes over a lot. Turns out it works it works out to everyones benifit having her around, she doesn't like daycare (and they don't have to pay bonus!) and she plays great with my boys. I love her imagination, they go off and have all sorts of adventures with stuffed animals, legos, cardboard boxes. I love hearing that happy play. Also she can get Max to giggle hysterically in a way that I can't. It's been fun having all these fun little ones around.

Max is awesome. I love it when he comes to see me, grabs my hand and says "I have to 'ow you 'omthing", which is pretty much always something he has built with blocks. He's my builder boy.

We just got done with a visit from cousins, lots of fun times. Makes me wish we had more little cousins nearby. Baby Abby, wait till next year, we're going to have a blast she's only 6 months so not quite as fun as someone who can keep up with those boys. Levi told me today how bored he was having them gone and not have any kids over to play. It was funny because I had to repeat to him what my mom always said to us....'boredom is a choice'. I remember rolling my eyes at that one once or twice as a kid, I didn't see any eye rolling from Mr. Man but he seemed to get it.


1 comment:

Danielle said...

That is too sweet Kendra! Sounds like the perfect summer to me! Thanks for letting us join in on some of the fun, we always have such a blast making memories. :)