Saturday, December 29, 2012

Levi School Pics 2012

I am sure it's a mom thing, but I'm pretty convinced Levi is among the cutest, sweetest boys in the world. He looks so handsome in his kindergarten picture!  

I am loving getting to know my older boy as he is figuring out who he is, what he likes and doesn't like.

One of my favorite things about Levi is his amazing attitude. Overall he is pretty positive and up beat. When I ask him to do something (which happens a lot, he's my big helper) often his response is: "Sure, that's easy!"  He tries to see the good in things and is happy to help people.

I love this kids brain. And again I don't know if it's a mom thing but I think this kid is one smart guy. He has a great memory, he must get that from dad. When he hears something, like facts from a book or story, he remembers them even if it has been a long time and he only heard it once. And him playing paino? I had no idea he'd be able to play a song by now. It seems like it took me forever to do that. He is extremely inquisitive and loves to learn about new things. Anyways, I love his brain and am a little jealous at times.

Levi is very loving. He still says I love you, gives me hugs and kisses at random moments throughout the day and loves to snuggle with me, especially first thing in the morning. It melts my heart. When he is around little kids and babies he is extremely sweet and gets to their level trying to talk nicely to them or share a toy. He talks about being a dad one day and that he has 'kids' who are his stuffed animals he takes care of.

Lately he has gotten more and more confident about writing and drawing. When he was younger I couldn't get him to color because he knew he didn't do it 'like he should' or stay in the lines and he felt very self conscious of it but now as we have been working on writing and fine motor skills he is getting better and better and I can only see him improving.

One word. Energy. This kid has it from the top of his head to the tips of those wiggly toes of his. He is pretty much always moving and wants to be doing something. It can be hard to get him to sit sometimes, though he has been practicing and is getting better and better at it. Sometimes all that energy is good sometimes, not so good but that's how it is with a lot of traits I suppose. He will sit still for a show or game, while we read books, and a few other times but he is a mover and shaker. That goes for his mouth too, he's a talker and I'm pretty sure that's from me. He talks sun up to sun down about everything, though for the life of me I can hardly ever get him to tell me what he did at school. I think it's a boy thing.

I absolutely LOVE shopping with this kid. He is fun to take to on grocery trips, out to run errands, basically anywhere. He is along for the ride and it is a fun time to talk to him about things. Whenever I do my grocery shopping with him we always end up having interesting conversations as we get what we need. He asks random questions that not only make me smile but I see others smile around him. Also he almost never asks for things at the store so when we do happen to go down a toy aisle it is a lot of fun because it's just for looks and so we have a lot of fun but can just walk away without having to buy anything. He gets it, which is nice.

He is getting into reading and listening to long chapter books. We have gone through almost the entire 'Magic Tree House' series and love it. He's read the original Robin Hood with grandma and is working on Dr. Doolittle. Right now he can read most of his Level 1 readers and is getting more confident in his reading skills. It is so amazing to see someone you have known from their very first day on earth reading a book by themselves. I'm sure the feeling only gets more amazing.

No comments: