Monday, June 24, 2013

Boy/girl

We have been dying to know if we were having a boy or girl and the day finally came and we were all pumped. At least I was.

I have actually always gone in alone for the gender reveal ultrasounds and dr. appointments. Jason's work schedule usually wouldn't allow it and plus, to be honest, they are pretty boring for the most part, including this one except the brief moment they tell you what you're having then they do tons of mesurments and press really hard on a very full bladder. Not exciting in the least.

Anyways. Since we are not sure how many kids we're having and seeing this *might* be the last, I thought it would be fun to find out together espeically now that the boys are older and know what's going on.

I had the ultrasound lady not let me know what it was and have me look away during those times where I could tell and put the results in an envelope. I then gave said envelope to our cousins who wanted to do a cake to reveal it. I origionally though of maybe wrapping up some boy/girl shoes or onesies to open. Whatever it was I wanted it to be something more visual for the boys.

They were awesome and made up this fun cake that had the gender color inside. We all got a knife and sliced it together to see what it was. And it was.......
A BOY!!!
We were all very excited, though Max, who was completely convinced he was getting a sister, immediately slumped his head down and said "I don't like boys." He was a little heartbroken for a bit but the jelly beans, gummi bears and cake helped him get over it.
NOTE: He is now very fine with the fact that he is getting a brother and is excited to see him. He kisses my belly (baby) a lot. 

No comments: