Sunday, March 30, 2014

Chicken Legs and Lake Merwin

It was the beginning of the week so I was getting the kitchen cleaned after a lazy Sunday and very little cleanup. It is crazy how messy things get so fast, it is a never ending chore. This time Max decided to help in his own way by telling stories while I mopped and cleaned things off.
I was also prepping for 'his' dinner that night. In an effort to not have everyone hate every single thing I cook for dinner, which happens far too often, I let the boys have some imput when it comes to the menu. They each get to pick 1 meal for the 2 week period I plan and shop for. Also as part of the rules it has to be a real meal, meaning not hot dogs or macaroni and cheese along with having a fruit and a vegtable. I think letting them in on a little bit of the planning has helped ease some of the dinner time battles. To be honest I have more than once wanted to throw in the towel with cooking dinner which every seems to hate (I have had more than once a kid throw up on their plate beceause something was 'so gross'!) and that can go for the adults in the house as well. I totally understand why my mom gave up cooking dinners when I was a kid.

Anyways, this week Max really really wanted chicken legs because whenever we get a full roasted chicken (thank you Costco!) him and Levi love the chicken legs. As I was prepping it he got very specific about how he wanted it prepared and even showed me. He wanted it with salt and NOT pepper. All and all it turned out really well and the boys all had a couple of legs each along with cornbread muffins which he also insisted on. Dinner win.




We have actually had some nice days out so I kicked the boys out. They always seem to protest but when I tell them they can either go out or play or clean the house with me, they usually go with play. I love how Levi always pairs a long sleeved shirt with shorts. Silly kid. Jason has also been working on doing some water storage tanks stands partly for food storage, but mostly because he is working on a new salt water fish tank and it needs some sort of special water so that where he's storing it.

I took Davie out for a moment and tried my hardest to get him to look at the camera but it didn't work no matter how hard I tried. He just wanted to see what his big bros were doing down below.







The boys (ahem, Max, cough, cough) have become very picky with their breakfast and normally want one thing. Mini Spooners. I knew we didn't have any upstairs and was planning on doing something different like oatmeal, yogurt or something I found someone had gone down to food storage and found another bag of them. I decided not to fight it.
When I was at the grocery store I couldn't help buying these Danimals MAX for obvious reasons. I knew Max would freak out about it. And he did and gave me a kiss.












Mr. Man and his sleep sack. I love his face when he's sleeping. Cute chubby cheeks. And he is completely obsessed with those feet of his.
  
 
 

 
In Levi's class they have been reading The Borrowers and for part of their project they are supposed to build a room for the Borrowers house so we went around and started gathering supplies. Max wanted to keep some of the treasures he found.
And we got lucky two weekends in a row and my dad and step mom took the big boys for two days and went off to Lake Merwin. I got this picture of them with grandpa. Lucky boys. Also I am proud of Max because last summer he was so scared to be in a boat. He's getting braver.
And I am not sure what this picture is for....but I got it from Levi's teacher.  I love getting these and being able to see how he is doing and to know what's going on.










No comments: