Sunday, March 9, 2014

Rollovers and Being Awesome

Davis is getting so big so fast. He can now go front to back and back to front. I love this strong little guy.
And wrestling is officially over. The last tournament that was cancelled during the big snow storm was rescheduled and since Jason couldn't make it my dad took him so that I could come later with the other two. While he lost all 3 matches Levi was optimistic and enthusiastic as always. I love his attitude.
Max is very creative. He got into his 'special drawer' a drawer each of them have which has stuff that are theirs that no one else can touch. Max pulled some of his treasures out which inculded a car that Jason built when he was in his helping others build pinewood derby cars phase, a ship Max got from Disneyland with grandma and grandpa, and a treasure box with some crystals in it. He thought they all looked great together.
And guess what 3 1/2 month old got a tooth? He had been drooly for a while and Jason kept saying maybe he was teething but the other two boys didn't start getting teeth for at least 3 months but low and behold there she is. We were actually at the library and he was gnawing on his blanket and I saw something white in his mouth which I thought was part of the blanket but when I went to fish it out I found his little chomper. While his lone tooth is very cute I am going to miss his gummy smile. They have to grow up sometime I suppose.
Aaaannnnnnd we got a Wii. We actually got it from Tami when we went up to Washington. While I have been very anti video games, and I still am, the boys have been very excited about it. Jason too. And we also found out I am the Super Mario champion in the house, though my brother Jared could school me any day of the week.

One of the funnier things about the Wii is that the boys get so animated, even when they're not playing. Like they'll start jumping up and down and yelling to jump or beat this guy (we have pretty much only done the old school Mario games, which in my opinion are the best. Rolling on the floor. It's funny to watch. Also they are terrible at it, probably because they don't really do any video or even computer games. But I am more than ok with that actually, it means I have a few more years where I can still beat them at something. 
Fun at Mustard Seed Preschool! I love this school and am so happy Max is going and hope Davis gets to go. During the weeks of the Olympics they had games like bobsledding where the kids would get pushed around in laundry baskets, ice skating where they glided around the carpet on squares of wax paper (that was Max's favorite) and luging where they rolled around on scooters. I wish I was in preschool.
Preschool and a busy day wares a kid out. Mom's too!
 Once a month Jason goes on a campout with the scouts. I'll admit it, I get a little bit jealous that he gets to go out and camp (although it is with a bunch of crazy deacons) and I don't really get much of a break from kids for the weekend after being with them all week but it is what it is and we have fun.

For this 'fun friday' it was more laid back and involved a trip to Costco for lunch and setting up a tent in the living room to watch movies in and sleep. They loved it and even went to sleep pretty quickly.
I love these guys. Whenever I am taking pictures and Max is around Levi tries to slyly tell me to take a picture of Max because he know he hates it.
 And Saturday I had found out the day before there was a music workshop which I have attended before and I knew would be very helpful in my calling (primary music leader) and Krista was awesome and watch both of the older boys pretty much all day. I'm so glad she lives close by!

I was a little nervous about how Davis would do for 6 hours at the workshop but he did a great job. I got him to take a few cat naps in the front pack and fed him while I sat in the back, he was awesome! During one of the sessions I had him playing on the floor and he went from his back to the front. The lady who I made friends with in the back asked me if that was his first time and it was I wanted to freak out more but it was in the middle of someone teaching. I wish I had recorded it but I figured this picture would do. He did that all by his buff little self. PS I love little baby butts.
 The boys have been hearing about the Lego movie for a while now and since they have no clue about when it was actually coming out because we would just say in a few months, weeks... whatever we were able to surprise them and take them to the movies and see it.

To be honest this is actually the first time we've taken the boys to a movie theater. They've been lots of times because of the grandmas and I've done dollar movies during the summer but I guess we're too cheap to spring for movie tickets for them when we could just wait a little bit and see it on red box because they really don't know the difference yet. Plus we'd rather spend the $ on tickets for a movie that we want to see for a date night.

 Needless to say they loved it. Everything was awesome! 
And Sunday. I usually am late to Relief Society because I have to tie up loose ends in primary, that combined with the fact that I have a little one who can be a little noisy at times puts me in the back of the room every week. I'm fine with that. That's where all the cool kids sit anyway.

Davis did this in a matter of 10 minutes or so. It was so impressive I had to take a picture.
























No comments: