Monday, April 14, 2014

Max Daniel Goodrich - 4 (almost 5)

Max  - 

I can't get enough of you. To me you are still my baby and I can't believe you are almost 5. 5. Will you stop growing so fast kid? I keep telling you that but you don't listen to me and tell me I can't just stop feeding you. I suppose your right.

Max, you have a hilarious personality. You are silly and have the ability to make me laugh out loud with all the random things you say. You are also quite a movie buff and will randomly remember some funny line of a movie and say it. I love it.


Lately you have been into doing 'sneak hugs' where you sneak around behind a person and hug them. Or kiss them or whatever. You give me many a day and I love every one of them. While you can be a little 'prickly' with others sometimes he almost always is a snuggler for his 'mama'. I kind of love it.

Your favorite things are Legos. Duh. You play with them every day and love to build any sort of vehicle. You actually like pretty much anything that you can build with, Kinects, Magformers, Blocks you name it. Snuggle bear and yellow blanket are your absolute most prized possessions and we have to rip them from your hands to get them cleaned. You take at least one of them every time you sleep over some where.

A lot of the time you like to go against the grain and love to say no. Or never. Or never ever. It's just part of your personality though you have been getting a little better at not immediately saying no whenever asked to do something. This saying no also applies to reading books. If you were to ask if you like books or to 'read' you will say no but the minute you start a story your usually up on a lap to read and begging for more and will make reference to the boy days and weeks after reading it.

One of the things you now love to do is tell stories like your big brother. They are usually pretty simple and if someone has told a story before you it is pretty much the same with a couple of twists to it. You are starting to come up with some great stories. 
You adore your baby brother and want to kiss him all the time. It is sweet.
You love making faces, especially at the camera when I am trying to take pictures. Again, you SAY you don't like them but will spend countless amounts of time looking at old pictures and blog posts all about you.


You have gotten to be a great helper and help with chores around the house. You put away the silverware, bring in the mail, pick up toys (though that's not your favorite), clean off mirrors, empty the smaller garbages, dust and do all the chores that Gram has you do as well. My little helper.

In preschool you have been amazing and your teachers always comment at how helpful you are, how you are usually the first to answer (you are great at raising your hand, even do it sometimes when you have to ask me a question, I love it!) and know all the scripture stories.
I love my Max!

No comments: