Wednesday, March 18, 2015

New Years and Time to Rebuild

Another mom in Max's class sent this picture to me from their class party. He loved
We kept New Years Eve pretty casual. It was just us Goodrich's and my mom showed up later. The boys stayed up till 9 and we counted down from there and put them to bed then stayed up with the grown ups. Lot's o' junk food and fun movies.
 And what do we do New Years Day? Get to work. Jason had been tearing up the office and working on painting and putting a new floor in and it was time to go shopping and get some stuff at Ikea. We ended up getting a new desk for Jason and a couple things for me.

And of course the boys tested beds, ran through the rug display and ate awesome food but were pooped by the end. Good thing they have amazing candy bars and cookies near the checkout.
Then home to build. The boys got to pull out their tool bags and get to work breaking them in. Max was, as usual, was a little more into it than Levi and Davis just wanted to take over everything.

I had Levi help me build a rolling cart for my mail while Davis looked on. Eventually Levi got distracted because I had on a kid show to keep Davis from making too much trouble but by then end Levi was the distracted one while Davis just wanted to help. Go figure. Max eventually came in to help put them in their places and finish the job.
Then Max went to go help Jason build his desk. That kid is such a helper when it comes to building or outside stuff. Love it. Wish he was that way with housework. I'll take whatever I can get.

Then Jared and Miranda arranged to take the boys for the night which was nice so we could get some work done and have a little down time, though with Davis that's a little tricky. Cause he's Davis.

They sent me this picture with them and Barkley. They love that dog. After they got home they told me of all their fun adventures, how they got to watch a ton of Power Rangers and eat pizza and hot dogs. Those boys sure are lucky.
Meanwhile this is what Davis did. Throw stuff behind the bed.

An awesome friend made this bread for us, it was amazing especially with some of our homemade jam. Man that stuff is not fun to make in the hot summer in an unairconditioned house on the top floor but it is so good and almost worth it when you get to eat it with amazing homemade bread.Note to self, get the recipe.
I was fairly specific in what I was looking for as far as furniture went and hadn't found what I wanted at Ikea so we were off to Target just the three of us. I ended up finding the perfect thing. It was a smaller roll-able kitchen island that I was planning on using for doing my jewelry photography. Jason found it and it was exactly what I needed. Look at Davis, walking around like he owns the place. And for a few short minutes he did, then up to dad's shoulders to keep him away from the breakables. Or anything.
Then we went back home for some finishing touches on the floor and trim. Man I wish I had that flooring around the house. Jason won't let me. Yet. And of course Davis was the perfect helper with his little roller.Some how his pants came off..... guess it was time to let loose.

For a date night with toddler in tow we went to Chipolte and Davis found a friend while waiting in line. Jason talked to her daddy who ended up working for Nike as well. Small world. Not really, it seems like half the people around here work for either Nike or Intel.
Levi got this book from my mom for Christmas and loved it. Only took less than a day or so to read. Can't stop that kid o mine.Warms my nerdy heart. I actually sometimes get a little jealous of all the time he gets to read. For hours sometimes, I hardly ever read anymore..... One day......probably.
Wubble fun. It was a lot bigger but since our whole dining room was full to the brim of office stuff, the house was a mess because we were focused on our office project and we still had tons of Christmas stuff out I made them shrink it down. It was huge and driving me nuts. They didn't seem to mind though.
I don't know why Max is making that face. I'm thinking it was from taking the picture.....that sounds right.
Studio C! And baby in a basket. The house is a mess, which is pretty much always how it is. Jason made a comment a while ago while I was taking a picture about it being so messy. I actually came to terms with that a while ago (I wish I was the same with pictures of me!) but if I were to wait to take pictures of my kids until the house looked clean enough or it was 'presentable' it would probably never happen. It is what it is and that's our real life right now. I don't like that it's always a mess but it is. One day I'm hoping with more helpers in the family and less destroyers (*cough* Davis *cough*) then I think it will be a bit easier and manageable but until then I will continue taking pictures of life as it is. All I care about are those sweet faces.

 Jason putting together my photography setup. My awesome handyman. I don't know what I'd do without him.
 We decided we needed to watch Back to the Future. Why? The second takes place in 2015 so we HA to watch it. That means we had to watch the other two. The kids loved it. They danced around at the part at the prom, Go Johhny Go! Now they'll go around saying "Hello, McFly!" and "Great Scott!"
And I showed Max what a tape recorder was. I found it while I was cleaning out my office, it was the one I used in high school and on my mission. Super old school but gets the job done.

And more stuff I found. My mom had sent home a bunch of my stuff from when I was I kid from when she was cleaning out her garage.

Now I think I am kind of sentimental about some things. I used to keep tons momentos like this all the time for myself and the kids but I've tried really hard to change my way of thinking and how trying to find places for things like this, while fun to look at every once in a blue moon, ultimately stresses me out. And I don't want that. So I've opted for pictures.

Wasn't I such a great artist? I think this was 3rd grade, maybe 4th?I have no idea why the hole is there....
D.A.R.E. to keep kids off of drugs. Guess it worked.
I remember this report on Maine and how proud I was of it. I remember going to the library, using the old paper card catalog, looking up information in the encyclopedia and not Wikipedia. I remember how it took forever to type out the report, partially because it meant getting my brothers off of their computer games. DOOM!
I remember writing this out and thinking I was writing really fancy. With my 'e' and 'a's all different. Then of course hearts on the 'i's. Man I was cool.

See?!!?!?!? Red plastic glasses, a perm my grandma got me, a pink suit outfit and poofy headband. Yeah!

 And we still make fun of Isaac for the NOT! shirt he is wearing and always wore.

And some cards from my boys. I love them but I am trying to be real and not keep everything. The first was a card from Levi when he was 3 or so and Jason had to write his name for him. Max was in the chewing stage and got to it. The pink one was from Max when he was in sunbeams. He was so proud of it!
Foam balls and Davis should not be in the same room together.PS I hope he always has that dimple.
Jason had been wanting to take the boys to go play in the snow but there is no way I was going to do that with Davis because I knew that would end with me and Davis freezing in the van or something so we sent them off. The boys were collecting all their snow gear and Levi told me I HAD to come see something then he burst out laughing when he showed me this. He thinks he's so funny.
While they were gone I had a project I wanted to tackle. Paint the trim around my window which was worn chipped wood. So while Davis played around I got to sanding and patching and when he took his nap I painted it. It definitely wasn't perfect but I think it looked a lot better and had a nice clean look to it. Now to do that with the other trim around the house......
The boys had fun tubing or so I heard.
And after my project was done Davie and I just hung like usual. He kept me entertained with some sweet tunes.
One of the best things about building something is the destroying part.

Levi counting his $$$ probably to buy Pokemon cards which he and all the other boys at his school are into. I, am not. Look at that sassy standing side hip action. Also like the hand and mannequin on the piano? From my jewelry stuff. Ultimately I got rid of them, I thought I was going to use them more than I did and have found ways to get model shots done on real live people.
Progress! Jason putting up the curtains. And the white trim is much better in my opinion. Just need to get new windows but that is a completely different project.
We got invited to miss Elsie's 1st birthday party and since we go to their house pretty much every week Max and Levi let themselves in and then straight out to the back yard to play. Davis looked on longingly. I was not up to chasing that kid around outside. Plus he was easily distracted with inside stuff.

She's such a cutie, wish I had gotten a better picture but her mama was getting some pretty cute ones. I always wonder what our kids will be like in 5 or 10 years. Is it terrible that I kind of want my boys to date one of these girls? I would love it.
I love this. Max, still outside being anti social, Levi finding kid books and Davis stealing Elsie's new hammer. She didn't mind though, she's pretty easy going. At least for now.
And a card from Max. He really is such a sweetheart. He draws me pictures, gives me lots of hugs, wants all the snuggles he can get. I love it.
I hate this pic of me but I am with my guys so there you go! Licorice and Back to the Future time. The saga continues. This time they are off to the old west.
My biggest and smallest boys. Also we love that yoga ball. It's a footstool, a chair, a toy. Best thing ever. I rocked Levi on this bad boy when he was a baby.

No comments: