Friday, April 3, 2015

Feeling the Love, Big Projects and The Class Mouse

This boy!!! The gate is at the top of the stairs and ANYTIME he sees it open he runs as fast as his little legs can carry him and goes downstairs. Someone had left it open and when I realized where he was he was already on his way up with these Oreo's Gram had. Smart kid.
He got into my music stuff.
And he is now learning to eat on his own. It is so hard to watch sometimes because this is a really really messy stage. Sometimes I just give him a bowl of something and put the dishes away or something else so I don't have to see him get everything on everything.  Then it's time for a hose-down and usually a change of shirt.
For valentines Max wanted to make his own so I have these clear bags I use for jewelry and labels and he wrote his name and added stickers. It was amazing. I set everything up for him to color, write his name and add stickers. Then when Davis was napping and I was in the office working he got them all done and even put the candy inside with the help of big bro. I was seriously shocked.
Dinner time and Daddy making him smile.

It was too quiet and my office door was open. This only took a minute.
Both boys had to make valentines boxes and for Max he wanted a dragon so this is what we came up with.

Jason was on a 4 day business trip to California so I, of course, decided to work on some big projects. One of them was calking the molding in the bathroom, taking out the toilet paper holder (it was set in the wall and I wanted a different one) patched that big hole up, touched up the paint in the bathroom. Oh, I also painted the living room and dining room. By myself. It was a TON of work and is now white instead of brown and I LOVE it. Jason's not a fan but it will probably grow on him. It just felt really dark in there and since I spend a lot of time in the house I wanted to make it lighter and since I couldn't figure a good color to go with the green carpet (that always stumps me when it comes to decorating) I went with plain old white.

The house was a mess pretty much the whole time but I got almost all of it done and was very happy with it.
Yeah. Max made his own sandwich which meant he pulled the chair up to the counter and left honey and peanut butter. And Davis sure loves climbing things. And dripping honey everywhere. It was actually so hard to stop him, when he saw me he gave a big smile and looked like he was having so much fun but I kept calm and asked for it nicely. He didn't even get mad. It is pretty fun watching honey drip. 
This kid will climb anything. While Jason was gone I got a box of individual cereal cups, the sugary kinds, and the boys loved them. Who wouldn't?
Max got to go see a play and was with his best bud Sam the whole time. He told me that was his favorite part going with him on the bus, at the play, while eating and on the bus ride home.
Davis a year ago. I can't believe it's been a year!
Levi's Valentines were a little more time intensive but it worked out fine since he has a lot less kids in his class than Max. The balloons were filled with candy and some small toys. Apparently the kids loved them!
Sitting in baskets and 'playing' video games.
I have no idea why he did this but he thought it was hilarious.
From all that painting. I think I leaned over and got a lot of paint in my hair.
The end product. Levi used one of the Lego head containers we had made for the Lego party.

Having kids clean and do chores takes so much patience and time. I could do it faster and better. But they need to learn so I'm putting in the time working with them folding their own laundry. This makes me have to let go a little because their drawers are complete messes but at least they are doing the best they can and are actually, slowly, very slowly, getting better.

Screenshot. This is Jared in Lego form. I didn't even have to read the caption or anything because it looks so much like him. A friend of his made it using different Lego pieces. The legs are from Woody (Toy Story) with the boots and the legs are longer because Jared is huge.
During the weekend we went to visit Pegi, Addison and at the same time Tami and Mike were visiting. Grandparents, cousins, siblings all under one roof. Guess who Davis found first?
Pegi made up all the kids science kits.
Most of the time we hung out and spent time together.
We did go to the carousel which I didn't go into. Whenever we visit places it is hard for Davis to get a good nap in, especially when his cousins are in the next room screaming and giggling. So on the drive to the carousel he fell asleep so I stayed in and we both actually got a little nap in. I figured he would wake up in 10 minutes like he usually does and then we would meet up with everyone else but he slept for an hour, right until they all came back from lunch, getting their souvenir penny and a ride. Good thing I made them take pictures. Max refused to get on a horse but opted for the sleigh with Addision and grandma.
Movie time. This weekend was during Valentines so there were a ton of cheesy Hallmark romantic movies. Super predictable but we couldn't stop watching.
They have a park right across the street so we hit that up a couple times. And turns out Jason's cousins lived close by and were there were her boys. I don't think Pegi even knew they lived around there. They have a lot of cousins and second cousins.


Who knows why he's pouting. But a game of tic tac toe that I let him win cheered him up.

The little scientists hard at work. Levi had found some website game to distract himself with.
Aunt Pegi had these color tablets that you chew and can see how well you brushed. They all had to go back. To be fair though I have since bought some and still find I miss places I never thought I would.
Puppy was naughty and sent outside so Davis wistfully looked out at his friend.

For Levi's class they had a pet mouse they were to take around for the week and then write about him in their journal. He did his duty.
Grandpa almost got Davis to sleep on his lap then the kids started playing and woke him. Davis, not grandpa.
Levi with more pictures of his friend. We had kind of forgotten about taking them at the beginning of the week so we made up for it during the weekend.
After we were loaded and ready the boys decided they needed to play in the dirt.
Driving home. I already forgot that mouses name....
This is probably one of my top 10 pictures I've taken of all times (so far). What cute men I have.
More mouse pictures. This was from Levi's Borrowers house he made last year. Good thing we kept it.
Then I noticed how absolutely dirty he was, not that it was all us because he was pretty much like that when we got him. Levi was the last of 6 kids so he wasn't exactly white when we got him but a good soak in the sink and some scrubbing and he was good as new.
And  Max decided Pete the Cat needed a bath too. Cause he's groovy like that.

No comments: