Sunday, August 16, 2009

One more day!!!

Last Monday Levi left for a fun and fantastic trip with his Grandma and Aunt Rose to West Yellowstone to visit my little bro who does theater there. For days Jason and I contemplated going but decided not to for a lot of reasons. So we sent Levi in our place.

At first it was kind of fun not having a high energy toddler to look after. I forgot how much easier it is with just one baby. There were no cars all over the house (he took quite a few with him for the road), no huge mess to clean up at the table and no one to wake us up at the crack of dawn and I was able to get a lot of projects done. It was great for a little while at least.

But Levi I miss you!!!! I miss the sound of your little feet running around the house. I miss your hugs and kisses. I miss reading stories to you. I miss you in the car pointing out all the other cars, trucks, planes, police men and dogs. I miss coming home from somewhere and having you freak out because mom's home. I miss singing 'The Wheels on the Bus', 'Popcorn Popping' and 'Book of Mormon Stories' over and over. I miss you grabbing my hand and taking me to something VERY important. I miss all the little things you do that make me laugh and make my day that much better.

I'll admit, I did get misty a couple of times when I saw your picture. You are one of my best friends and life is just not the same without you. Only one more day.....

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Distance definitely makes the heart grow fonder. Live it up!

Showmethesale said...

What a sweet, heartfelt post. Levi is lucky to have such a caring, attentive mother.

He will be back and in your arms again before you know it!

cymagen said...

aw. i missed him too!

Marissa and Blaine said...

Wow, you're brave!!! I couldn't let my parents do that yet. Not to mention, Mylee would come back a completely different person, I'm sure!
I bet you missed him a lot. I'm glad you guys are reunited! What fun memories he created with Grandma though!