Monday, August 31, 2009

Just a Minute Ago...

Just a minute ago I held you in my arms and rocked you to sleep (ok more like bounced, you always loved a good bounce on the yoga ball). Just a minute ago you looked up at me and smiled, it was one of the happiest moments of my life.

Just a minute ago it was YOU who I stayed up late with most nights as we watched old reruns of Little House on the Prairie because we only had three channels and you just wanted to stay up and party. Just a minute ago you began to crawl, getting into ANYTHING electronic.
Just a minute ago you waved at me and show me just how much you had missed me.
Just a minute ago you turned one and started to walk, and minutes later to run. Just a minute ago you said 'Dada' and 'Mama'. Just a minute ago you began to climb out of your crib and sleep in a 'big boy bed' and soon after came to be our own little alarm clock as you crawled into bed with us in the mornings.
Just last last night you helped me make some rolls, you love to roll out the dough, and eat it too. Last night I read you a story and you showed me all your favorite pictures of animals, trucks, cars.... You showed me all the shapes and letters we have been learning and counted all your cars. You always get stuck on eight, but you sure love that number four! Last night I tucked you in and we said our prayers together and you whispered 'Amen' . You insisted on sleeping with one of your favorite cars, ok two, because who can pick. Just today you gave me a hug and a kiss after waking up and you helped me with laundry.

We are so lucky to have you in our family. You have brought more happiness and joy to us than you will ever know. Happy Second Birthday Levi, it's going to be a great year!

4 comments:

Emily Hayes said...

Happy Birthday Levi- I sure love that kid

Megan said...

Happy birthday Levi! A beautiful post, Kendra. And I love the video below :)

The Hadley Family said...

I loved reading about all your memories of Levi. Hold onto both those boys and keep recording everything. You and Jason will be on our end of the boat far sooner than you realize. Time passes way too fast!!!

cymagen said...

Best nephew ever! And max of course!