Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Just Plane Fun

When I became a mother I thought about so many different things, how this little person would grow up, if they would have daddy's or mommy's eyes, how we would raise them....but I also thought about all those special moments I remembered as a child; coming downstairs and seeing the tree all lit up with presents dropped off from Santa; Easter egg hunts in the backyard, getting all dressed up for Halloween and checking out the 'loot' afterwards, and fun birthday parties. I was so excited about making those events special and memorable for my kids.

Levi's 1st b-day was very low key, a huge cupcake, some presents, pizza and the fam. But this year....I couldn't resist. I threw a party. I just couldn't help myself. I was too excited about it I couldn't wait a couple more years until he would actually remember.

Planes were the theme because every time an airplane sounds or the word airplane is said, Levi takes flight and runs around the house, arms spread ready for liftoff.

I didn't want to spend too much so I made a bunch of paper airplanes out of paper I had and strung them up all around the house and backyard, they looked way better than they did in my head.
Cameron, Levi's buddy, decided to mow the lawn for us. What a pal.
Jackson, Cameron, and Levi at the sandbox. I think Levi is supervising.
Jason couldn't find the matches and improvised. I did not approve

THREE WAYS OF EATING A CUPCAKE TODDLER STYLE
The face plant
Osmosis
The frosting frenzy
My oldest brother and girlfriend, aren't they cute?
Max trying out the new race car.
Loot (part of it). He might be a little spoiled.
The grand (pa) finale! Ok a lot spoiled.
It's great to be a boy.


Thank you to everyone who helped (and attended), and all those who sent presents and cards, Levi loved it all. He is such a lucky boy to have so many people who love him.

5 comments:

cymagen said...

That was such a fun day! Levi is such an amazing kid. You are overwhelmingly lucky!

Memory said...

You're an awesome mom! Love the cupcakes and the airplanes strung up. What an awesome party for your cutie boy. No matter that he won't remember it...you will and you'll have awesome pictures to prove it all.

Megan said...

That's an awesome train table. I'm in the market for one. Where did you get it? What brand is it?
Oh, and happy birthday, Levi!

Megan said...

What a cute party! I love the plane idea.

Showmethesale said...

You are quite the mom, Kendra. The plane theme party was a GREAT idea--and it's evident from your photos that Levi and his guests just loved it.

Way to go!