Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Last Minute

We had the opportunity to go camping at the last minute this weekend. It was 1) Our first 'big trip' as a family and (2) Both Levi's and Max first camping trip, the last time I went I was 8 months prego with Levi
Levi IMMEDIATELY found the water spigot, which of course was up hill from our picnic table, leaving most of that area muddy the whole time. We sure love water.
Maximus. I adore these PJs, they seem very fitting for the occasion.
Roasting marshmallows, 10 feet from the campfire. I kept telling him the fire was hot and to stay away, so he would blow at it and say "too big". He probably ate an entire bag of marshmellows.
I can't believe how well Max did. We were there two nights and I said if the first night went bad we were not staying the second, but they both did great!! We are definitely going to be camping in the future.
Reading, a favorite past time.
Brotherly love...
Our 'neighbors' thought this was hilarious, Levi liked it too.

Overall it went really well even though we mostly hung out at our campsite and roasted lots of marshmellows. It was great not to have to worry about all the daily stuff and just relax. What a fun weekend.

2 comments:

Jason Goodrich said...

This was such a fun trip. I can't wait to do it again.

cymagen said...

I love the picture of Levi smiling with the book. I think he must be the cutest kid ever. <3. Had lots of fun at the party!