Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A very "Jensen" Christmas Eve

This year was our first Christmas without my grandfather, our family patriarch. He is usually the one who is 'in charge' at family gatherings and directs us in what we do, when....whatever (though I'm sure was partially directed by Gram =). We got through it and ended up doing things differently than we usually do but it was all lots of fun! We sure do love and miss you Grampy!
We didn't have any formal 'program' or anything. Jason was very much opposed to doing any sort of Christmas 'pageant' where the kids dress up in costumes and act out the Christmas story. He is very anti 'cheesyness'. I'll talk him into it one of these years!

Jason made is traditional Christmas Eve Lasagna. Then we all sat down and decorated cookies!

Me and Levi being goofy. When we first started he asked to take his shirt off, who knows why. Note the awesome cookies he decorated. A plane which he insisted upon when we were cutting them along with all the rest of the trees, snowmen, stars and ornaments.

I got a big glob of frosting on my hand which he quickly began to lick off. I couldn't keep from laughing. He wouldn't let my hand go either!
Eli and all the rest of us loved all the decorating candies out. Some very interesting creations were made that I'm sure Santa was able to appreciate.
After throwing the messy ones in a bath they were given new pj's from Nese (grandma) who then insisted they hug for a photo shoot.
Just checking to make sure the chimney is all cleared out for the big guy!

No comments: