Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Most of the time I let Kendra do the blog because she is the creative one in the family. But once in a while I take the liberty of posting something. This is one of the times.

To My Mom

I love you Mom. You have probably had the greatest influence where I am in life today. As I grow and mature, I find that I am a lot like my Dad in personality. But I don't think I am as strong as he has been, to be able to rise above the difficulties he had growing up. I am where I am today because you pointed me in the right direction. It was your loving guidance that gave me the strength to move forward. The best parts of my life would not have happened with out you. I would not have been active in the church, I would not have moved to Portland, I would not have gone on my mission to Chile, I would not have gone to BYU, I would not have meet my wonderful wife, and would not have my two amazing boys. My life would have been ok, but it would not have been the great life I have now. I love you Mom.

To the Mommy of my Boys

I love you Kendra, and so do your boys. I might be the fun guy to the boys, but you are Mommy! I don't have the ability you have to make them feel better. And I definitely don't have the patience you have to care for them day after day. I am their second choice when they need someone to snuggle with when they are sad. And when they are happy, daddy time is crazy, silly time. Mommy time is peaceful, loving time. I know which time is really better for them. I am so incredibly, inexpressibly thankful to have you here with us. I love you and the boys love you too.

To My Step-Mother

Thank you Richelle.
You are an awesome mom. I love having three little brothers, but having them here for a week during spring break made me realize how good you are as a mother. All three are great boys and will be great men soon enough. I wish I had more time to spend with you and be closer to you. I love our chats when we get the chance. My boys love you as a grandma. You are just as good for my dad as you are for my brothers. Thank you, and I love you.


To My Mother-in-Law
(Milly)

Thank you for raising my wife. You did good. You are just as good as a grandma/Nessie. The boys love their time with Nessie. I am glad to have you around while I am so far away from my mom. I am glad mothers-in-law are not the monsters-in-law that people like to make jokes about. I like my mom better, but I can't think of anyone that I would like more for a mother-in-law.

1 comment:

Grami Tami said...

Jason,
Thank you so much. I love you and I am thankful for the wonderful man you are.
Mom