Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Super Duper Party!

A delayed post, but still good! We had a simple and fun birthday party for mr. Max.

We were at the store and I let Levi pick out a present for Max. What did he pick? Swords. And I knew I couldn't just get one or they would be forever fighting over it. Boy, do they love those swords! I wasn't really a fan when they were picked out, but I couldn't resist my cute little man.

Also he got a set of new animals from the zoo. This time: Arctic animals with penguins, a polar bear and a strangely huge snow rabbit. And from grandma and grandpa an awesome set of mickey mouse characters which Max (and Levi) love!
Several weeks ago I asked Levi what kind of cake we should make for his birthday. His reply "Super man cake". Then over the next weeks that morphed into a "Super Duper Baby Cake". This is what I came up with.
While Levi LOVED the super duper baby cake, Max could have cared less what it looked like. He just knew it was cake. And boy does he love cake!
Zero hesitation.
At first it was fun and exciting but then he didn't like being so messy (hmmm wonder where he got that from!)
But he didn't mind a bath to clean up!

4 comments:

The Hedges said...

LOL - that cake in the face pic was TOO FUNNY!

Megan said...

The picture of Max shoving the entire cake into his face is amazing. How fun!

Kristy Lynne said...

Brian said that was the best first birthday cake experience he's ever seen. EVER!

Agreed.

Cool cake!

Amyann6 said...

Cute pics! His little cake-face is hilarious! They grow up way too fast!