Friday, June 18, 2010

A Trip to the Library

I'm sitting in the library during my super fun staistics 'hell week' (cutting myself off from pretty much everything to try and cover 6 chapters of work in 5 days, in preparation for a midterm) and I couldn't resist writing something. I am notoriously forgetful.

While I was sitting I saw this elderly man come in with several children who were obviously his grand children. He walked around following them as they excitedly picked out books, answering questions when needed. It was so sweet to see.

It reminded me of Grampy and how many times he patiently followed us around as we picked out books, school clothes, even the craft store, and how much interest he had in whatever we were doing, not because he particularly cared about it but because WE did. He made me wish so much that Levi and Max could have got to know him more. They would have had so much fun together.

We sure miss you Grampy.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

your Grandpa sounds like he was a blast to be around. I love watching the interaction between grandparents and their grandkids-especially now that I have kids myself. I was chuckling tonight over a grandma and grandpa giggling to each other over their grandson's antics during dinner. Soooooo sweet. :)

Unknown said...

I miss him, too, Kend. You guys were everything to him. (And are still!)