Thursday, November 25, 2010

Smittin'

Sorry grandparents, this isn't about the boys. Well, not really.

Last night I got to go on a fun date with Jason to get me some shoes and see Harry Potter. I love going out with him, without kids to stress about, just him and I. It reminds me of when we met only it's MUCH better. There isn't any nervousness about me wondering if he would still like me if he knew I was such a grouch in the morning, or if he really knew how impatient and irrational I can be. Or if he'd still love me as much with all my crazy ideas and messes around the house. I didn't have to wonder if he thought I looked good or if I chose the right outfit (even though, yes, it still took me 3 outfits to pick the right one). I knew that he thought I was beautiful. He knows all my horrible habits and faults but yet I know that through all that he still loves me. There is no greater feeling than knowing someone loves you so unconditionally.

When I got married it was a huge leap of faith, especially since we only dated a short while, I had trust issues, and lots of other stuff. But once I made that leap he has shown me every day that it was the right one.

Jason I love you more than you'll ever know. Thank you for everything you do for me. For waking up early with the boys so I can sleep in, for never complaining if I ask you to make dinner, for always making me feel absolutely beautiful regardless how disgusting I feel, for helping me with all my many projects and actually caring, for always driving on road trips. Thank you for always encouraging me to take time for myself, never complaining about a girls night, for making sure I am able to accomplish the goals I set for myself. Thank you for being so wonderful with my family, for letting your career take a backseat so we can help take care of my family. Thank you for not only putting up with your (sometimes) bossy wife, but with her equally bossy mom and grandmother with out much complaint. I know I couldn't handle that as well as you do. Thank you for being so wonderful with the boys, the absolutely love you. And as cheesy as it sounds I am everything I am because of you.

Best. Decision. Ever.



Oh, then after our date night Jason made me watch this. Almost made me cry.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Aww I love this! Having known you for a LONG time (didn't we get baptized together?) I'm so glad you ended up with such a great guy because you deserve it.