Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sugar Rush

For the ward Christmas Party I was asked, along with a number of ladies at church, to make a gingerbread house for 'Santa's Workshop' for the kids to see before they saw Santa. I thought and thought about it and came up with nothing. But while Levi and I were playing one of our many games of candyland, I decided to do something with a candyland theme. Off to the computer I went for some ideas and saw some of the coolest candy/cake replicas I have ever seen.

I knew it was more than what they were asking but once I had it in my head, I knew nothing else would do. So with the help of my crafty and clever husband and with some restraint from the kiddos we did it! Though I must admit that by the end of it all I was a little sick of candy for a couple weeks.

All and all it wasn't too tricky, just took a lot of time. Jason was a huge help and did the base along with doing the 'Candy Castle' out of rice crispies. He got way more into it than I thought he would.
Doesn't it look yummy?

It took a couple days to get it all set up and on the last night before the big event, I stayed up till 3 on the finishing touches. I was extremely exhausted and was sick of it all by the end. But when I woke up it the morning and saw it with refreshed eyes I was so happy I did it! Levi and Max were practically drooling when they saw it.

Here's Levi with it at Santa's Workshop. I asked him to point to his favorite part and I totally thought he would point to Gloppy because that's always been his favorite. Guess what he's pointing to? The train set that was set up. Typical.

Check out my other blog for more pics and instructions!

2 comments:

Megan said...

You are CRAZY!! and amazing:)
That is awesome. I wish you had brought that to my ward Christmas party.
Merry Christmas!

Marissa and Blaine said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Kendra, you are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I've never-ever met somebody as creative as you are! I'm blown away by those pictures!