Thursday, December 30, 2010

So Thankful.



NOTE: This list I started during Thanksgiving and am just putting up. Yeah. I'm that behind.

I've had a 'thankful list' going in my head ever since I put up the fall decorations and only now have I been able to sit down and write them. Life has been a little hectic around here to say the least.

My husband. He's such a hard worker, fun dad and wonderful person. I can't think of anyone else I'd like to spend an eternity with.

My boys. They make me laugh, scream and cry. They have made me a better person (I think) and are some of my greatest teachers. Sometimes I wish I could freeze time and stop them from growing quite so fast though I can't wait to meet the men that they will one day become.

My testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. There are very few things that I know for certain or can count on in my life, but the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is a constant amid chaos and a guiding light to my life.

My family. I am so thankful that I have never doubted for a second that my family would be there for me when I need them. They say it takes a village to raise a child, well my boys have the best 'village' I could ever think of.

Music. Though I don't get to do enough with it, I am so grateful for music. It can brighten my mood, push me to work harder, and help me to reflect on the eternities. I am grateful to be able to sing and just belt it out when I want (which is usually in the shower or car), sit down at the piano and play a melody or strum something on the guitar.

Modern life. Living in Bolivia showed me how easy we have it. No hand washing cloths, going to the market several times a week or daily due to lack of refrigeration or making every meal from scratch. I have it SOOOOO good and I hope I always remember it.

Working. Even though I've worked from home, I have never had to be away from my boys for the most part. And now I'm even more grateful I am able to work at home doing something I really love, where I get to be creative and allows me a lot of flexibility and do a lot of service for people in the ways of giving to charitable events.

1 comment:

Marissa and Blaine said...

You're so dang sweet, Kendra! Love the list! It's so important for us to count our blessings! We are SO BLESSED! You rock!