Friday, November 4, 2011

Moments

So I have literally over a dozen posts I need to do, all the fun Halloween stuff, Washington trips , but I've been crazy busy with holiday stuff already. I already did one Bazaar, just set up for another 6 week long one tonight and realize I have one more I'm doing Monday. Holy cow what did I sign myself up for???? But then there is only one more show which should be ready to go in a couple weeks then that's it. I'm pretty sure I'm insane.

But here are some things that have made me smile the past couple weeks.

- Max has now decided, whenever the opportunity presents itself, to instead of going in his car seat, to climb up to the drivers seat and yell "Me drive! Me drive!" while I pry those little hands off the wheel and strap him in kicking and screaming. It's hilarious. Frustrating, but hilarious.

- Levi and I went to the dollar store today and he got to spend the first dollar he ever earned. He gets a quarter every time he takes out the recycling which is about once a week, so it's taken some time. His item of choice? A green robot with a couple of cannons or something in their hands and a lazer. He was quite excited.

- We have been prepping for our children's program the last couple weeks. This is Levi's first year and since I'm in the primary presidency I get to see him in action. Last Sunday as they went through a couple songs in their spots, I was busting a gut pretty much the entire time looking at Levi. Most of the time he made binoculars out of his hands and looked around. Singing for the most part but 'wearing' binoculars. Later he told me "It's so I could see Sister Thomas better". Great reasoning. The rest of the time he was wildly rocking back and forth like a clock pendulum or singing 2 inches from the girl in his class's face, which telling from the looking on her face, she did not appreciate one bit. (later he told me he wanted to sing to her). SO FUNNY. All the other sunbeams? Even the one who is usually running around? Yeah, they were pretty much still and singing. This should be a good one, I can't wait. I am pretty sure I HAVE to video tape it.

- Yesterday we took a trip to mars on the couch. They've both been into outer space stuff and astronauts lately. It was quite fun pretending to look for space rocks and drink space milk.

- Today when Max went to get babysat I was shocked, amazed and completely dumbfounded when instead of having a hissy fit, grabbed her hand and went, no problem. Wow. Several months ago that never would have happened. I was even prepared with a bunch of leftover Halloween candy to bribe him with. He's gotten so much more independent lately. Kind of bittersweet.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

okay just picturing levi during your practice sent me into giggles! i can totally picture it too!

you've got two handsome and funny boys!